Thursday, January 9, 2020

1/9/20 Closing Out Our Holiday Break?

    This was a great holiday break.  The only negatives is that Javalina and I got sick for a couple days each, but a little diarrhea never hurt us too much.  Like Wife said, it kept me from overeating for a couple days.  Other than that, I couldn't have scripted it any better.
    We started the break scampering for last minute gifts for mostly everybody we didn't go Christmas shopping until Sunday before Christmas for the bulk of the gifts.  We then spent Christmas at home like I wanted, Javalina was a little sick the day before, but he was fine by Christmas Eve.  We then spent the day here on Christmas Day, had a visitor or two, ate a fine brisket meal, then we went to Crystal to visit my folks after my dad threw out his back and they had to change plans of coming up here.  We spent one night down there and we were on our way back home.  It was a short trip, but it was the four of us, so I liked that.  It is becoming harder and harder to have Boy with us, but he is 25 and he is in a serious relationship, s much so that Sweetie is in the process of moving in.  They have been slowly tearing apart his room and giving it a thorough cleaning, so I am really liking that.
    Most days have been great, I go to sleep when I feel like, wake when I feel like it, Wife does the same, nobody is being bitchy or demanding.  The boys are doing whatever they want, everyone is up around 2:00pm, we eat, I might nap after, or not.  Wife has done a minimal of cleaning, but hasn't been crazy about it.  She has offered Boy and Sweetie half the pantry for their things, so I think she is waiting to see if they decide to tear the pantry apart and clean it.
    We weren't sure for a minute whether we were going to my in-law's house for New Year's but we did.  It was a little slow and boring, half the people were missing, so it didn't feel like a party party, but it was probably fine.  We left and got home by 3:00am, which got us right back to our thing.  Wife stayed up watching TV until 5:00am, I think I went to sleep in the car and didn't recover other than walking in from the car.
    The new year has been good with a new Star Wars movie, a new restaurant, the boat convention, doing a little actual fishing, plus we got home and talked about planning a trip somewhere for Spring Break.  It sucks again this year that Wife Javalina have different weeks off, but we will manage like we did last year.
    As far as today (Sunday), the only plans we have is to put away the Christmas stuff outside and maybe take down the tree.  I do feel especially proud of myself for replacing the windshield on Wife's car, I only hope it lasts awhile before it gets hit again.  Javalina has an additional day off on Monday, but poor Boy already started working, but at least now, he is in a real salaried job, he brought home the pack where he has to decide what to do about his 401k, and all that jazz.  I know it is an exciting time in his life, I hope he is enjoying it.  We told him he can enjoy his first paycheck, but he has to start paying for his things like his car come February.
    I could not have scripted a better two week period, and to prove that, I think I will go back to bed.  It is 7:30am and I have now written blogs for the next 3 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment