Thursday, January 23, 2020

1/22/20 Love Language?

    I was talking with Sweetie before I came in to work yesterday and after a while she mentioned if I knew what Wife's Love Language was.  I said I didn't know what she was talking about and then she explained that a study came out (actually some 25 years ago, she thought it was new), and the way we express and receive love is broken down into five major categories.  I thought it sounded a bit like warm smoke up my buttocks, but after listening to her, I agreed that there was something to it.
    I have noticed that in these last few years that Wife has been working out of town, she can be downright pleasant and her normal self if I do some simple chores, such as sweeping and washing the clothes.  I never really thought it mattered if I swept the kitchen or not, I can't really tell, same as vacuuming, but to her, she completely acts like a different person.  When I don't do it, usually I am busy doing something else or I had a rough week too, she can be downright nasty and she'll walk right into sweeping and mopping and doing all this extra noise that can be really annoying.  We figure that her main language of love is doing "Acts of Service".  According to the study, it shows that I acknowledge how busy she is, and I am "lightening her load" by taking care of something that is important to her.  She always says she grew up in a house where they were expected to clean the house before their parents came home.  We did not grow up like that.  Mom always said we can be miserable and try to keep a clean house or we can live and just accept life as it is.  I guess different households when you have mostly boys, and Wife had a house with mostly girls.
    I took the test and I think I fall into the "Quality Time".  The others are "Giving Gifts", Words of Affirmation", and "Physical Touch".  I would rather have you give me your undivided attention and focus on what I am saying.  There is nothing I hate more than to start telling a story and the person appear to be distracted or uninterested, I usually just stop talking, I don't feel like I should compete with shit.  Either you want to hear what I have to say or you don't.  When Wife comes home, many times we go to the bedroom and she will watch her crappy shows and I'll get on my computer, but I know she is there with me, and that is good enough.
    There is a questionnaire online which I took to tell you what type of love language you fit into.  It is about 20 questions long and takes about 5 minutes.  It is mostly would you rather this or that type questions.  I can't wait for Wife to get back up here and show it to her so she can take the quiz.  Stuff like this can be helpful, if used correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment