Monday, January 27, 2020

1/27/20 Looking At this Love Language A Little More?

    I finally got Wife to slow down and take the Love Language quiz and as expected, she came out the highest in liking "Acts of Service".  To show her I am her man, she had said she wanted me to take care of dinner for Friday and in the same sentence said "no chili", just as I thought some chili and homemade cornbread would be great.  I went to my other standby and made some meat on the grill.  She was already happy about me handling the meal, but then asked for Jalapeno bombers, which are kind of a pain in the ass to make, but what can I do if that is what makes her happy?
    I bought a pack of bacon, counted the slices (16), then bought the small pack of cheese, and 8 big jalapenos.  I always cut them in half and remove most of the seeds, that's where the hot part exists, and give them a washing, just in case.  I then put a bit strip of that Mexican cheese (it doesn't melt in the heat) and wrap it with the bacon.  A toothpick holds each one closed.  Since I got home from the store around 3:30pm, I had time to make them before I went and picked up Javalina on Friday afternoon and then placed them all on a tray and covered them in foil in the fridge.
    This was a huge time saver, because I managed to take Javalina for the test drive of the car and then we got home about 6:30pm.  Wife was supposed to get here around 7:45pm, so I had about enough time to cook.  I ran more meat on the grill than I planned as I found some chicken breasts and some thin steaks in the fridge which Wife thought a good idea to defrost on Tuesday night when she came in all of a sudden.  I put them on the grill so they wouldn't just go bad in the fridge.
    But back to the Love Language thing, she also came in last with gift giving, which is great, because exchanging gifts between us has never been magical.  Usually, my mom or my brother ask her "what did I get her for her birthday or even Christmas and she usually says nothing or a purse, when I am really trying.  They just get in her business because she lives down there with them, not that they are extra nosey.  I am called cheapskate and all sorts of colorful insults because I don't go out of my way, but it turns out that we are not gift people.  Like we always say, if she needs something, she goes and gets it right away, there is no build up or excitement of waiting until the holidays.  I am the same way, rare is the item that I get that truly moves me.  My mom tries to give me shirts, which is very nice, but usually don't fit or aren't the right color but she keeps trying.  I think this is kind of an eye opener, to know this and have it defined like this.
    I notice now that Boy spends most of his time with Sweetie, I really enjoy the times that he decides to go out with us to either run a couple errands or have dinner.  I have never minded paying for everybody, even when he brings Sweetie along, but we do expect some of your attention, tell us what you are up to, what you're planning.  You can't just sit on your stupid phone the whole meal, what we both want is your undivided attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment