Monday, January 27, 2020

1/26/20 Feeling Disconnected?

    I am not sure what is going on but these last few weeks have felt like time is standing still, sort of.  Normally, we are going week in and week out and I kind of go by looking at pay check to pay check, but even that gets squirrely now and then.  It's like since we went on Christmas break we haven't gotten paid even though we have.  Part of that is because I get paid every two weeks and Wife only gets paid on the 15th and the last day of the month.  This means that twice a year, I get paid three times in a month and she only gets two pay checks.  This is fine, but the pay periods don't line up and it feels wrong.
    We are doing ok financially, but then the Christmas bills have started showing up and even tough we know what we are doing, it still feels like a big shocker to see a new $550 charge at Best Buy and a new $650 charge at Target.  It seemed easy buying boy some $400 shoes on the card, but it sucks when the bill comes a knocking.  This year was not as bad as other years have been, we did pretty good as far as staying on a budget, other than a couple things.
    I mentioned looking at the Mustang yesterday and for the first time in a long while, I got excited about getting a vehicle for me, kind of.  The car is cheap and people are making me nervous, Javalina's friends say it must have been involved in a drug bust, then DD came over Sunday morning and he said maybe the car comes from one of those flooded regions.  I am having doubts, why would the dealership sell it at a loss?  My thought is that they don't realize that on their website, they have the car listed as a manual transmission and that can turn a lot of people off, but even as I was dismissing it, I looked through the pics and the gear shifter was that of an automatic, so that is why I think it hasn't been bought by someone already.  The car is selling for $16,500 now, without the Lo/Jack, I am adding a 3yr/ 36,000 mile warranty for $1695, which the salesman said was at cost to the dealership, the first offer was at $2595 for the same warranty.  It is supposed to cover most everything, but tires, battery, and any other consumables, like hoses, or the cover of the convertible, although the mechanicals that lift it and lower it are included.
    If we get it, I can drive it for about a year before Javalina would need a car.  He walked in there not caring about no freaking car to absolutely needing to have it after the test drive and we suck if we don't get it and why do we do this to him all the time?  He was a basket case in his attempt to make sure we get the car.  Right now, we are supposed to close on our refinance at the end of the week.  We have the car on hold until Saturday, so I am hoping in a perfect scenario, we can close on the refinance paperwork on Friday afternoon and then we can go get the car on Saturday.  Wife starts classes again on Saturday, so it will all be touch and go until then, but that is the best plan I got.  I figure if Javalina takes the Mustang permanently, I will be free to choose another car afterwards and if he doesn't want it, I will have a convertible which is something I enjoy quite a bit.  This will be our third, well fifth convertible that we have owned.

No comments:

Post a Comment