Saturday, January 25, 2020

1/25/20 Should We Add A Mustang To Our Stable?

    I have never thought of myself as a speed guy.  As a heavy person, I figure the car does not want to go any faster than it has to.  That being said, I was pleasantly surprised yesterday that I went and decided to test drive a 2018 Mustang I found accidentally while Boy was showing me some cars at Leif Johnson Ford.  I mainly stick to Maxwell Ford because Leif Johnson is a pain in the ass, as it has one website for three locations.  But the Mustang in question just seemed too good to be true.  It is a convertible, which I am a huge fan of, it is loaded like most cars with the smaller engine are not.  The car has leather seats, AC and heat in the seats, a huge screen that runs the radio, navigation, telephone, Spotify, rear view camera, and anything else the phone can do.  It has diagnostics much more detailed than Wife's car, such as the tire pressure at each tire, the temperature of the cylinder heads, temperature of the different fluids on the dash, paddle shifters, settings on the transmission for track racing, drag racing, and even for driving in the rain/snow.
    All this and it is not a V8, so it is not meant for racing, but I think the smaller engine still produces over 300HP, and MAN, you could feel it on acceleration while stepping on the pedal.  It is not all positive, it is a used car, but the guy showed me the window sticker and it listed for $39,000.  It has 59,000 miles and is a 2018, so it is selling for $17,000.  I noticed on the website they had it listed as a manual which made me think it wouldn't work, but then the gear shifter in the picture is an automatic.  That might be part of the reason it has sat on the lot for two months and why they have lowered the price so much.  The paint job in the direct sunlight looks like a car that has been around a bit, but in the afternoon when the sun wasn't glaring, it looked sexy and black.
    Ultimately, I would like the car to be for Javalina.  He had been a bit of a wet sock saying "no, I want an Edge like my brother, I don't like cars.  I told him to just come and test drive this one, I knew the power and the coolness of the car would get him.  I lowered the top and we got in.  Right away, he started coming around, this was not Grandma's VW Beetle, which is a Girl's car.  This is what douchebags and bros drive, I floored it out of the parking lot onto the feeder road on Ben White and he gave a little "what the F...!"  He smiled and I knew he liked it.  I softly said I just hit 80 in a couple seconds jumping onto the highway, in heavy traffic and he just said "whoa!"  I never drive like that, so it was very uncharacteristic, but Big Boy loved it.  As soon as we got back to the lot, he was all involved in the conversation and asking of he could drive it in the parking lot or if we could take it to the parking lot where we have been practicing driving.  I said no.  You can drive it if we buy it, not before.  He kept glancing and saying he wanted to jump in "Dukes of Hazzard style" since it was sitting there in convertible mode and just as I thought of him and his friends, he was texting them saying he had gotten the ride for his Jedi council or whatever they are calling themselves these days (he has nerdy friends).

No comments:

Post a Comment