Sunday, June 30, 2019

6/30/19 Visiting The In-Laws?

    We had talked about visiting my in-laws this weekend sometime because my father in law has a surgical procedure and although it is supposed to be a minor thing, one can't help worry when the man is almost in his 80's, you know things can go wrong.  With Boy getting mono, we deemed him too much of a liability as he could be contagious, so he stayed home.
    The day started for me at 5:00am.  I can never sleep comfortably and I figured I could get up for a few hours, write my blog, drink a cup of coffee and eventually feel sleepy and go to bed.  I was up long enough to see Girlie and her BF pack up in the morning for a day of fun at Fiesta Texas around 9:00am.  I went back to bed at maybe 9:30am and fell into a pretty good slumber.  Wife had gotten up and she had come down to do some homework for one of her classes.  She finally went and woke me around noon asking whether we go today or tomorrow.  I said might as well go today, get it out of the way, they might be distracted Sunday getting ready to go to the hospital.  I showered and then Wife was doing some work, so I went back to sleep until around 2:30pm.  Javalina finally woke me saying he was ready and for me to get my ass in gear.
    I stayed awake most of the way up there, we stopped at McDonald's and had our usual double quarter pounders with fries and a coke.  That finally made me sleepy and I slept as we went around 1604 past I-10 to their neighborhood.  I woke up with a "where the hell are we?" but I figured it out quickly enough.  We said hi, they had some Mexican pastries, pan dulce, which I ate some, I then got comfortable on the sofa and fell asleep.
    I woke to everyone talking about going to dinner, so I went along with it.  We went to a Chinese Restaurant, Lin's.  It looked pretty good from afar but ehh, it wasn't really good tasting.  Everything was fried or soaked in oil.
    We got done around 8:00pm and although I wanted to go to Bass Pro Shops, Wife said no, but she promised a trip to Bass Pro Shops in Pflugerville tomorrow, so I said "yes, dear" like a well trained bitch boy.  But yeaih, tomorrow will be my day (knowing one of my boys will find a way to ruin my fun like Boy did at Cabela's with his run to the E/R).
    We got home around 10:00pm, but stopped for shakes at Sonic before going home.  I went to the bathroom before sitting in front of the laptop to write this and here we are, at 11:55pm, done for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment