Tuesday, June 18, 2019

6/17/19 The Clay Pot?

    Earlier in the week, Boy offered the "what do you want to do for Father's Day?  Figuring we were just going to BBQ like we do most weekends I said nothing special, unless you want to take us to one of your special places.  Him and his GF eat out all the time and I know they are more in tune with fancy places than I am.  I stick to the same 5-10 places to eat over and over.  Another difference is that Mijo is now making the Medium bucks.  He got a healthy promotion so he can afford to pay if he wanted to.
    Living it up to him paid off.  He made reservations for us and said we would be eating at 7:30pm on Sunday for Father's Day at The Clay Pot.  He didn't give us much more than it was an Indian restaurant.  We had tried Indian at another place, Tarka over in the Sunset Valley area, but this one was downtown which is currently his domain.  It was kind of cool, he has an expensive parking card that allows him access to parking in a secured parking garage anytime.  We parked in there and then the restaurant was just catty corner to the garage, so very little walking to complain about.  He pointed at his work building which was on the same block as the Indian restaurant, just further down.
    The restaurant felt like a cool hipster place to be.  It was big but not a giant room and we were sat within five minutes, thanks to the reservation.  I decided to try a different drink, coke just doesn't seem Indian.  I don't think the mango lemonade was an Indian delicacy, but I went with it and it was alright.  We had a few appetizers: plenty of Naan (tortilla) with different add-ons, like the three cheese and the garlic varieties, Batata Cham (potato patty), hummus, and the tandoori broccoli.  Everything was quite good, Wife mentioned eating there with an Indian friend and said the food had been "Americanized" so nothing was too spicy or weird, which worked out great for me.  For my main meal, I had some skewers with lamb and chicken and I was not disappointed.  We all managed to taste each others plates and everything had a very good flavor, except for knuckleheaded Javalina who insists on ordering everything the hottest they have.  His meal was not bad, but it definitely filled your mouth with weird spices and sort of hot, but not like peppers.
    Boy was going to pay, but Wife coughed up like $50 to help and even Javalina contributed another $20 since we were eating there for me.  The meal was still like $150, so he paid the rest.  If that wasn't nice enough, his GF made me a German chocolate cake which I ate about half in the morning, and Javalina ate a fourth through out the day.  It was a very nice evening which I fell asleep in the car, but we had cut the grass and I did get up way early.  Thanks, you all managed to make me feel pretty special just by spending the day with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment