Wednesday, June 12, 2019

6/12/19 We Are Simply Not Machines?

    Most of the time I don't mind working in this mind numbing facility alone, doing either the work I do now or even what I used to do, but there are a few times when I think it would be better if we just took a long break, for everyone's betterment.  I have been half-assing here at work for a few weeks, specially with the boys at home.  I want to stay home, stay up late, eat junk food, and watch bad movies with Wife and them.  The truth is that Wife works year round too, so it isn't going to happen, that is just another cold hard fact.  The best I can get to that feeling is here in July, Wife is off for two weeks, so I am going to copy her model, almost.
    My plan is to take the week of 4th of July off with Wife, then she will be off the following week which she will be up here in Austin and I will work.  Then on the third week, she is scheduled to go to Houston for a conference and I am going to take that week off and tag along with her.  I love staying in nice hotels and cranking the A/C super cold and hiding under the heavy blankets.  This would give us three weeks together, so that also sounds good.  Javalina would be joining us, so I have a partner if I decide to leave the room during the day.  Boy is working almost like a grown up nowadays, so he can't take the time off.  Just writing down the idea of being on vacation makes me say aaahh, it's been since Spring break in March that I missed time off from work.
    For the 4th of July week, I believe we are going to be in Corpus with my folks, they just dropped off their RV at a new park that we haven't tried yet, but seems cheaper in price.  I am sure we could stay with them, but I don't like being crowded, so we will get a room at a nearby hotel.  We have stayed at this hotel before and it was very nice and clean last time.  It has been about two years since we were there, I hope everything is still ok.  This should be reason enough to go get my fishing license.  I would love a kayak or a canoe or something to float on the water and chase some fish but probably not this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment