Monday, July 1, 2019

7/1/19 Bass Pro Shops And My Boat Dreams?

    I am certainly getting closer to the time that we decided I might get a new boat, but I am having a hard time deciding whether I will even bother.  Since we didn't stop at the one by my in-law's Saturday night on our way back, Wife declared we could go on Sunday to the one in Round Rock.  I was glad to be going specially since we had been planning on going to Corpus Christi for a few days and I did go to Cabela's a couple days ago before we were cut short by Boy's E/R visit when I was looking for fishing rod solutions since Wife wants to go everywhere in her buttplug of a car.
    The problem of buying collapsible fishing rods for Corpus was solved when they told us in the E/R that Boy would need to be home bound and Wife thinks it's a good idea to stay home and keep an eye on him.  Even going to Bass Pro Shops was suspicious for Wife when we got back home and she noticed a Jason's Deli noodle cup so she immediately yelled at Boy "Did you go to the store to get this soup?", which Boy gave a half-ass answer that the GF had gone alone.  I didn't believe she went alone and neither did Wife.  It is now Monday morning and he says his side was still hurting last night quite a bit.  While driving up to Pflugerville, I had a pretty good conversation with mom, for once she didn't have the 100s of grandkids around so she could focus on the call, it was almost weird, having her undivided attention.  I told her we were having doubts about Corpus and she said she had already figured out we were probably not going to go.
    But back to my boat dilemma... Wife says I suck at maintaining my toys, whether it is RVs or boats.  I say it sucks when I have to have them in storage 20 miles away for me to keep batteries charged or keep an eye on things that go bad.  With this in mind, I have been thinking a couple of PWC would be better, as they would fit in the garage and thus would be here where I could get to them easily.  They would not be perfect for the family, although Boy says he has zero interest in water sports.  I am not sure my dad could even balance himself alone to drive one either, leaving this idea for Wife and myself along with Javalina who is still 2 years too young to drive them by himself, legally.  I saw a small 16 foot boat with payments of $200, this would be easy to purchase and pay, but man, there isn't much to the boat, but it would fit in the garage, at 16 feet.  Wife insists she would prefer a pontoon boat and I like the idea of carrying a bigger party, of up to 12 people, but then I am back to the problem of where to park it.
    I know it would be easier to just say no to all this stuff, but then I am afraid I will spend all my downtime asleep or in the house and that just sounds sad.  We did all sorts of camping and fishing with Boy growing up, I don't know why he hates the idea of being outside, but I feel like Javalina has not had any of this kind of exposure and he is basically high school age.  If we don't do it now, we will miss our window of opportunity with him before he becomes a "Man" like Boy has.

No comments:

Post a Comment