Monday, June 17, 2019

6/16/19 Happy Father's Day?

    Happy Father's Day to all you out there who put up with your little shits enough to be called Father/Daddy/Hey You, Fatman.  I am writing this at midnight, the day passed by so fast, I never had a chance to sit down and write.  I got up at 7:30am, remembering Wife wanted me to get an oil change for her in the morning.  The only problem was that Jiffy Lube opens at 9:00am, so, since I also needed to go to Lowe's, I headed that way.
    One of Wife's main complaints is the shoes by the doorway, we keep too many of them there and she thinks they look ugly and unmanaged.  This just seemed like an easy fix.  I had bought Boy a shoe organizer for his closet, but he had yet to open it, so I took it and set it up by the door.  This allowed me to put 9 pairs of shoes in a very organized fashion plus the organizer can be added to.  I went to Lowe's to buy a second organizer and promptly paired them together.  This allowed like 15 pair of shoes to be placed next to each other.
    This all happened after sitting at Jiffy Lube for about an hour and a half.  Not only did I get her oil done, with the car at 99,640 miles it was time to also do the radiator flush which cost a nice $115.  tahis made me feel good, since Wife runs around back and forth to Crystal every week and she has to depend on her little car to keep her going.
    I got back home, did the shoe organizer and also organized some more by moving some of Boy's 3D printing stuff which he has all over the house.  At this point I started wondering if my peeps were alive at noon, no one had come down yet.  I waited awhile, until almost 1:00pm before starting to cook some bacon and start refrying some beans, eventually they all came down.  After eating I just needed a short nap, which I went up to bed and took it.
    I had told the boys that all I wanted for Father's Day was the yard to look freshly cut, so we went out there with each boy on a mower and me trailing with the trimmer.  This works pretty good because I am able to clean up any little areas the boys might miss.  This of course, at 5:00-6:00pm, left me feeling like another nap was in order, but Boy had made reservations at a restaurant downtown.  The restaurant was Indian and everything went down great, specially at the end when he paid.

No comments:

Post a Comment