Monday, June 24, 2019

6/24/19 Confused A Bit By Boy?

    I am not sure how I go on about Boy.  He is technically getting paid what would be a good salary at $23/hr.  He is 25 years old, do I keep buying him clothes for school or let him take care of him?  He recently got sick again and the tests showed he might have Mono, which is called the kissing disease.  By itself, it is not a serious disease that can kill, but Boy is still "recuperating" from having typhus a year ago and because of the meds he was given, he is exposed and his body is not as strong as normal.  The medicines killed everything, including stuff that normally protects him.
    Of course, Mama Bear don't f**k around when it comes to her baby being sick, but he was very nonchalant this week and ooh man, did that piss her off.  He was out enjoying frozen yogurt when he should have been in bed.  Then when Wife suggested his GF get checked so she wouldn't be sick and get him sick again or be a carrier or whatever, the GF kind of spazzed out and they all got into it.  I was at work, not that I am sure I could have deflated this one before it escalated, but I came home to a fuming, hurt mother.  Boy is being a normal "man" and siding with his "girl" and we get it, but Wife was not accusing her of "being a dirty whore or anything like that."  She is worried about her son and if the GF could be a carrier, shouldn't they know?
    This all happened Thursday evening when I was at work and Wife got home.  Boy spent the night at the GF house.  He came home the next morning and him and mama talked it out.  I guess they cleared things up, but there was no GF and I guess she still isn't happy.
    I try not to get into those conversations which Wife has.  She can be explosive and of course as with any woman I know, they are never wrong, so finding angles to fix things takes effort.  I just keep reminding Wife that he is not a baby anymore and at 25 if he wants to be stupid, we have to let him.  If he gets sick sick again, this time, he will pay the $2,000-$3000 in costs we paid a year ago.  I don't think it falls on us again.  They think it's ok to be out and about for ice cream, then miss a week of work.  Them bills are still going to come, including the car and gas payment which my hand will still be waiting for prompt payment on the 30th.
    We'll play the clothes by ear, I guess.  Last year, we bought him a pant or two, we got him a bunch of shirts, but only because we found a great sale at Dillard's,and I bought him those two pair of Penny shoes because I liked the way they looked at the boat show.
    I like buying him clothes, I like him looking sharp.  On the other hand, if he is going to constantly side with his GF and go against our thoughts and wishes, then we have to let him grow up and do as he wishes, and pay his way too.

No comments:

Post a Comment