Friday, June 7, 2019

6/7/19 Magical Shelf And A Little Extra Cash?

    For the first time in a long time, I find myself with a little extra cash in my pocket.  To get here, has been a bit of careful planning and a little coercion.  Girlie and her BF are staying with us and they are paying me rent money.  They were only going to stay for a couple of weeks while they found another place, but I told them it would be cheaper for them to stay with us and so far, the extra money has come in perfectly.  I don't see that they bother us hardly.  I am not even home that much during the week,  and most weekends they are out and about doing what young people do.
    I had also talked to Boy that because he got a promotion at work, he would be helping pay for his car, at least over the summer.  They are really compensating him well and honestly, he has no bills, other than his cell phone and the gas card I make him pay.  An extra $457 that he pays me three times over the summer is really going to help me out.
    I just moved some furniture around the guest room downstairs and we have this tall-ish shelf unit we bought about fifteen years ago at Pottery Barn.  Wife has used it to store the extra candles, soaps, lotions, and things like that that don't necessarily fit in the bathroom.  I want to go full bore with the idea, have maybe ten toothpastes, candles to get us through a winter storm, soaps, all the toiletries a house requires.  It is much easier if my job is to focus on keeping this thing stocked, then I know that the bathrooms have everything they need.  I figure $100 will fill up the shelf pretty easily.
    The rest of the money goes back to all our little stashes that we used to have.  It had been a pretty rough past year.  We have been siphoning every last dollar from everywhere we could.  Javalina had a little wallet from last time we had gone to Florida and with Grandma's and aunts and uncles and birthdays, he had about six hundred dollars.  Even that was taken by us when we had no choice.  I told him I would replace it with an extra hundred by the time we go back to Florida, hopefully by next summer.
    I know that my folks and family like the house to be empty and that can be nice, if they visited every other week, but the truth of the matter is that they might come up twice a year, so I refuse to have both bedrooms empty for what amounts to 2-3 busy weekends.  I find comfort in having Girlie and the BF here, even after I agreed to let his dog come over.  Javalina loves the dog and he does bark when he hears someone at the door, so it makes me feel better when Javalina has to be home alone.
    So, overall, my wallet is fatter, my storage supplies of back-up money are filling, we have a pretty good looking guard dog that has not barked at me once, and I like having life in my house, so everything is looking good.

No comments:

Post a Comment