Sunday, June 23, 2019

6/23/19 Dressing Javalina For School?

    I know it might seem a bit early for school clothes shopping in the summer, but I was afraid of waiting to the last minute and not doing it right.  We woke up with nothing really to do, other than enjoy a good breakfast.  I had gotten up super early as usual, fell asleep on the table, then went to bed and came back down around 1:00pm.  Wife was reading or writing when I came down.  We had talked about making potatoes with eggs and SPAM or bacon, in tacos.  In the morning, we figured we were short oil to cook the potatoes, so off to target I went.
    Breakfast was as good as imagined and afterward I thought of another nap, Wife was still working, but instead, I made myself useful and cleaned up our room.  We had baskets of clothes we had washed but not separated so I set off to do that.  Once I decided our room was clean enough, then I yelled at Wife that I was going to nap.  I was probably out for a couple hours, which is normal for me now.  I woke around 6:00pm, Wife was watching one of her crappy shows in the bedroom.  One of us said "are we going?" and it's like a fuse was lit, we both got going and headed out the door.
    Javalina had been whining about going to Best Buy, he still has money on his Christmas gift cards, and he wanted to buy a couple new games.  Since they weren't costing us anything, we said sure.  We were there about a good half hour, he got his games while we thought about what to do about replacing our projector TV.  I love the size, but buying new bulbs every year at close to $200 kind of sucks.  We have a 100 inch screen so I was thinking downsizing to an 85 inch LCD wouldn't be too bad, they have some for as cheap as $3000.  We'll see.
    This led us to the mall and we only made it as far as Men's Wearhouse, where I asked Javalina if he wanted to look there.  I think he likes having a "guy" that helps us.  Boy always dealt with David and then Peter when David left.  Peter was off yesterday, so Gerald helped us out and he was a younger kid going to Texas State, which I think helped.  He took Javalina aside and they had a conversation about what he was thinking of how he wanted to look for the coming school year, then the kid went to work.  He brought him over short sleeved button shirts which Boy would never wear and I tried saying no, but Javalina preferred these.  I said OK as Wife started "the boys are different, blah blah blah..."
    After he put on the right size pants, he is now wearing a size 36, from a husky 44 at the start of last year, I was pretty impressed at how slim and good he looks from my chubby little ham in shorts and hoodies.  He got two pants a dressy jean and tan slacks, and a couple short sleeve shirts, a couple of jacket/blazers to replace the hoodies and even a couple of pocket squares for a splash of color and two pair of slightly dressy shoes.  When it was all added up, it was almost $800 and I panicked a bit, but he really did look good in everything, so we went ahead and bought everything.  He needs more shirts and pants and probably some tennis shoes, but I think this is a good base and I hope we can start easing away from the hoodies

No comments:

Post a Comment