Tuesday, June 25, 2019

6/25/19 He Said/ She Said?

    A scenario I was given a while ago: a man gives me information which doesn't necessarily hurt or help me but is given to me with an "I got you" was told to me in private fashion.  Another person then comes and tells me that was all false information, I only tell you this because I have your best interest at heart.  I say I can take both guys and thank them and not make a big deal either way because I don't really gain anything by what I was told.
    The first guy had told me the other guy was an idiot and not to trust him while the second guy told me the first one was only interested in himself, so forget about what he has to say.  I maintain that thank you to both is the best position to take.  What will I gain by making an enemy of either man?  Instead I told the second, it doesn't hurt me to listen to one and all, there could be a nugget of truth to what he says.  You could be here to do the same and just be entertaining yourself with my absence during the day when all the information is kicked around.
    I then shared with the second guy that he had recently given me what amounted to a bunch of very exciting news that had yet to make it to light, yet you said it was coming.  This was my explanation to him as to why I refused to take sides and I would only slightly believe everything I hear.  I told him and he ultimately agreed, that we are all whores, just here for the money.  I have liked and do like some to most of my coworkers, but we only have a relationship because we work together.  I don't think I have visited any of my current coworkers at their respective homes.
    There was a time when I tried harder to be "friends" with people, but it doesn't really work.  There was the guy I became his best man for.  After not talking for about 8-10 years, he contacted me when he was getting a divorce.  I tried to keep up with him, going to his house, joining him for a couple BBQs, but after awhile I guess he got another lady friend and he has been non-existent.  This is a guy I like, but given our weird shifts, it is just hard to maintain friendships and nurture them.
    This is why I just keep to my boys and Wife.  Girlie insists on being a part of our lives, so we keep an open spot for her, and then there's family who we love and fight with.  I don't know what my point was for writing this, I guess that all the he said/she said is fine, I don't let it get to me unless it gets into the inner layer where my people at home are affected.  I don't care if my coworkers think I'm this or that.  Everyone knows I carry my fair share and then some.

No comments:

Post a Comment