Tuesday, June 4, 2019

6/4/19 Anticipation?

    This is a weird one, but here we go.  About a month and a half ago, Girlie and her BF moved in.  She has already stayed with us 3-4 different times and I figured the BF would not add much to the equation.  For the most part, I have been correct.  He is conversational, he can be funny, and as a bonus he has taken on the summer training of Javalina, as far as running and even lifting weights while I sleep.  Well, the hiccup came when I tried to clear out the room next to Boy, so they could use it.  Boy had set up his 2 3D printers in the room and I didn't think it was a big deal to unplug them and move them from upstairs to the bedroom downstairs, but oh man, did I get a bag of shit thrown at me for being irresponsible.  Wife talked to me like I was a child for about two weeks.  This of course makes me feel bad and I start wondering how I can fix the problem.
    My thought was to get them a third printer, but after a few days of fidgeting with it, he was able to clean up his printer so the thought died down, figuring I'd save me some money.  Well, he managed to use it and even got a project completed which paid him a nice $1000 commission, which is how he paid me his gas credit card bill with since he skipped a few days of work for his finals exams.
    This is where the BF enters the pic.  In talking to Girlie, I heard her complaining to the BF that he spends too much time playing games.  To me, it just sounded like there is only one TV in their room so if he is gaming, then she is stuck watching him do it.  I extended the use of any of the other rooms to watch TV during the evenings, specially when Wife and I aren't even around.  I told the BF that he could set up his games and stuff in the guest room downstairs, to give them more room.  I mean from what I hear, he plays the same games the boys play, I thought he'll come down with an Xbox or his PS4 and connect to the TV in the room, we have big TVs in all our rooms.  Well, for some reason, he decided he needed the table where the smaller 3D printer was and he moved it, but this time it was full of resin, Boy was getting ready to run a project that weekend.  The resin spilled and now they have been cleaning it over and over again for two weeks and it seems to want to work, but so far it hasn't.
    I finally said F*** it and asked him which printer he wanted, hoping it would be one of the ones in the $1000 range, but he said he really wanted the same one because it has a bigger space it can print in.  I put the order in at $2850 for the next generation printer like the one they had and hopefully they can pick up where they were and start doing work again.  I did bring up with Boy since this one is more advanced than the one he had and he had only spent $800 on the one we damaged, that when they start getting profitable, I'd like about $1000 paid back.  He agreed that sounded reasonable because this would solve a couple of problems so his partner wouldn't have to use the printers he has at work.
    I mentioned to the BF that I had ordered a new printer and he did admit it was his fault, so he would pay some part of it which sounds good to me.  The anticipation is that it arrives today and I want to see what $2850 buys you.  Boy had his GF sleep over so she could be here to answer the door, he doesn't want to take chances the delivery guys just leave it outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment