Sunday, May 5, 2019

5/5/19 Saturday Was Nice?

    I guess these are the benefits of a long weekend.  I was off Thursday night, and we went to my son's last concert of the year.  Friday would have been a perfect day, but we had tickets to Avengers;Endgame and until we got that monkey off our backs, it is all Friday was about.  I guess it was good that Wife got the tickets for Friday night.  Javalina was at school most of the day.  I got up like I do on my days off, at 6:00am, drank some coffee, ate some sweet breads (pan dulce), took him to school and enjoyed the morning.  I would have liked Wife to have gotten up to go have breakfast early and ran around town, but we haven't had anything to shop for lately.  I then napped with Wife until 1:00pm, and we got up and she made breakfast and we cleaned up the house as she had said we would be doing.  Girlie and the BF moved out quite a few things from the guest room upstairs and I found new places to put them, mostly taking everything down to the other guest room, which is now pretty crowded but still ok.
    We picked up Javalina, ate at Culver's, and then everyone sent me to bed at 7:00pm.  They all wanted to make sure I didn't fall asleep during the movie which we scheduled to watch at 10:30pm.  We got back home sometime after 2:00am, then we stayed up another hour or so watching a couple more shows.  At 10:00am, Wife got us up to go with her to pick up more of those small blankets that she gets about once a quarter.  We went to eat breakfast after this and came back home.  I wanted to go to the boat show on the water, but my peeps suck.  I am still holding out hope that maybe today is the day (Sunday).  We then napped from about 2:00pm until 5:30pm.  I actually got up at 4:00pm, but Wife got snippy that she had just laid down, which I got mad because she should have not sat there like a mook watching stupid shows if she wanted to nap, but whatev'sss!
    We finally got going, not that we had an agenda, but we did head to the Kia dealership because as much as I am saying no to driving a Telluride, they are interesting and they supposedly had one on the lot.  The idiot unloading it from the truck crashed it onto something in the back, so they couldn't sell it or let us test drive it, but we were able to see it in person and even sit and play with the electronics.  It feels like a winner.  It is the first time I sit in the driver's seat and I feel small.  I also did not bump my head or have to bend my neck all the way to get in, it just took a bit of a shrug.  I might be able to be convinced to walk out driving one if I can get one fully loaded, they are supposedly with all options going for around $47,000.  Try a fully loaded Ford Expedition which is what I am considering to replace my Excursion and that is sitting more around $70,000.  The Telluride is a smaller vehicle and I should be comparing it to a Ford Explorer, but since it sits 7-8 people, I am being a bit unfair.  I tell Wife I may just keep on driving my Excursion if it means I can buy some toys for myself, but we'll see.  We then headed to the mall, which we hadn't done in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment