Tuesday, May 14, 2019

5/14/19 Paying The Price For All That Work?

    I never sleep well on Sunday nights.  There is something about Wife having to get up and drive at 4:30am that makes me stay away from bed.  I usually try to stay in the kitchen writing on the computer and watching HGTV, I love all the episodes about buying houses on the beach or near a water source.  Adding to the normal load of a weekend, I got Javalina to help me cut the grass on Friday while I was washing clothes and cleaning the inside of the house.  All this so Wife would have a stress free weekend for Mother's Day.  I then got it in my head to replace the pumps since we get the city on our butts about once a year to clean the pool or we will be fined.
    We haven't seen the city guys yet but I know if I keep ignoring the problem they will come by.  So I spent a pretty penny buying two new pumps but being bent over and moving them and adjusting them left me sore and tired as hell.  I did not realize I was this tired until I got to work.  Monday is also when I go to the store if we need food and we are doing alright, except my young pain in the ass insists we need to start dieting again, so I went and got some salads and meat to get back on our Atkins style eating after I dropped him off at school.  I slept maybe 5 hours Monday and that did not feel like enough.  I sat here like a zombie when I got to work for about two hours not really doing much of anything.  I wish I had started just a little earlier, I am going to have to leave this one job halfway done.  It's not the worst thing in the world, it happens, I just am usually pretty good at completing everything I start.
    Right now, I feel like my knees are broke, I spent too much time on them messing around.  The payoff is starting to come around.  I have been running the swimming pool pump since I wired it in and the water is starting to lose its nasty dark green color.  By last night it was just kind of a green color.  I still have a ways to go, shocking and pumping and letting the water out into the yard to clean out the sand filter thing.  I just hope that once I do all the work I can relax the rest of the summer and focus on simpler things like maybe planting a tree or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment