Monday, May 27, 2019

5/27/19 Busy Start To The Summer?

    This was an especially busy weekend mostly focused on Javalina and his transferring from middle to high school.  It started on Thursday when he had a ceremony at their gymnasium.  My folks came into town to be a part of the festivities, even though we were unsure what would transpire.  Javalina did not want to stay afterward and enjoy cake and soda, so we took a couple of pictures and vamoosed over to Cheddar's.  For some reason, there weren't many people, yet we ended up waiting almost a half hour before we sat.  We got home around 8:00pm, I took an almost hour long nap and went to work.
    Friday was just as hectic.  I took Javalina to school around 8:00am, and then stayed up with my folks until around 10:30am-11:00am.  I figured I didn't need a full 6+ hours sleep since I was off at night, I could go to sleep early, but 4:00pm came fast and before I knew it, we were picking him up and going to Bill Miller's for our last after school meal.  I figured it was the proper meal as we had eaten there most every week for the last three years, sometimes twice a week.  Wife wasn't in town at this point, but my mom joined us.  we discussed about going to the movies at night to see John Wick, which my mom wanted to see too.  Wife showed up, ordered the tickets online and we waited, I think I even took an hour ow two long nap.  The movie didn't start until 10:10pm.  As I said before, it was a great movie, it did not disappoint.
    Saturday morning found Javalina going to band practice at 8:00am.  We had decided to get up that early to take him and then eat with my folks at the Luby's all you can eat breakfast buffet.  My parent's enjoyed the meal, even paid for the breakfast which was very nice of them.  After the big breakfast, we came home and they took off back to Crystal.  I had fired up the pool pumps as he was supposed to have a get together with his buddies, but after picking him up, he looked beat.  His friends also must have been busy with family, as most of them said it would be hard to come sleep over.  It worked out for the best.  We were beat and I pretty much slept the rest of the day.  Javalina did the same thing once he got home from the band camp. He looked drained and Wife told him to go take a nap.
    Sunday was kind of  a lazy day until the afternoon when I decided it was time to go get the squat rack I have been promising Javalina.  We went to Dick's Sporting Goods and got the rack, a weight holder and a new set of weights for the rack.  The night ended with another trip to the movies, this time we saw Pokémon Detective Pikachu back at EVO.  The movie was not great, but I did enjoy watching the different Pokémon come to life.
   I did get up early today to set up the squat rack so it wouldn't sit in a box all week.  All we need now is some free time so Javalina can get on the weights.

No comments:

Post a Comment