Wednesday, May 15, 2019

5/15/19 Stomach Surgery Can Work?

    I came in as usual lately, hoping for a distraction.  I have not been enjoying work as much as I used to.  While coming back from the bathroom, I ran into a lady who needed help with some bottles to bring some water samples from the fab.  Knowing the little that I know, I told her I am not sure which would be the right bottles to give you, but I do know that normally the bottles we use for samples go through a ton of cleaning.  We have to rinse them 10 times with ultra pure water, then fill them with 10%HNO3 acid to break anything down that might still have remained in the bottles.  Then we rinse them an additional 10 times before using them for anything.  I called my boss and he figured out some bottles we could spare that have been put away in the 10%HNO3 solution.  I rinsed them for her and placed them in a plastic bag to keep them as clean as possible.
    She was only in the lab with me for about ten minutes but she opened up rather quickly and started talking about getting surgery in her stomach and that she used to weigh almost 400 pounds.  She had the surgery back in 2014 and has managed to keep the weight off.  The thing that surprised me a bit was when she asked if I wanted to see the extra skin.  She looks slim, but still has the extra skin of being a much bigger person on her stomach and her arms.  I have heard and seen this on YouTube, so I wasn't surprised but I guess it is a small problem to deal with if it means you can walk around at a much smaller weight.
    I think I will stick to doing it my way.  We kind of started our Atkins dieting this week, there just happens to be too much crap at the house, currently.  Wife bought some ready to heat pizzas from Little Caesar's and I hate to say it, but we need to plow through them before we can commit to a diet.  There was also chicken which I finished Monday night from Chicken Express and a whole bunch of brisket that I am sorry, but it needs to go in some tortillas to get eaten, but after all that, yes, we will probably be doing another stretch of a month or so.  I would love to lose another forty, even if I gain half of it back by eating the crap I shouldn't.
    The lady said she was down under 200 pounds, I would be glad to get in the 250-300 weight area.  I have always been big, but 400 has been a bit much.  I feel it on the knees and other joints, and I don't see it getting better as I age, so I know what I have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment