Wednesday, May 29, 2019

5/29/19 Feeling A Bit Like Winter?

    I know it is just the adjustment I have to make because Javalina is off for the summer, but with Wife living in Crystal City during the week, Boy spending more and more time with his GF, and now Javalina not being awake in the morning, I almost went all day without interacting with any of them.  At least with school, I know I am taking the one who doesn't drive to school, which gives me a good 15-20 minutes to talk in the morning.  Yesterday, I got home and I thought he had band practice but he was asleep.  When I tried waking him, he simply said no and turned over and fell back to sleep.  I stayed up for a few minutes, ate some cereal with milk labeled 5/28/19 and then just went to bed.  I couldn't sleep, I tossed and turned all day long.
    Most of the year, we got lucky in that Wife found a reason to come up during the week, but now that it is the end of the year, it is a lot harder for her to jettison her way over here.  In a couple more weeks, they will start their ten hour days and then at least she will be here on Thursday nights, so that will help.  Actually, she was here three night's this weekend and for a little while, it felt normal.
    I should be happy Boy has someone he is as interested as he is in, but I still have hesitations about him getting too serious.  I won't be happy until both of them complete at least their bachelor degrees which they are both supposed to be less than a year away.  The other side of the coin in him being happy with his partner, is that he is spending more time at her house.  We still kind of prefer them hanging around our house, just so we know the Boy is ok.
    The hardest one right now and I will get used to it, is that Javalina is off for the summer.  I can take it easy, sleep late, and just let him do his thing.  He has even started working out with Girlie's BF, so right now he doesn't even seem to need me for that.  I was awoken around noon and it sounded like there were strange men in the house.  I come out of the room and both Javalina and his new trainer were all sweaty and talking about going for a run.  I like that this dude has taken an interest in getting my footballer in shape.  I can lift weights with him, but I did not have real intentions of running with him.  The consequence to this is that I only saw him while we ate, which took about ten minutes, and then he ran off to his room.  The last thing I heard, he was gathering high school buddies for a campaign on some video game.

No comments:

Post a Comment