Monday, May 13, 2019

5/13/19 Getting The Pumps Running?

    I know it was Mother's Day yesterday, but my OCD got the best of me and all I could  do was focus on getting the pool and hot tub pumps connected and breathing new life.  I am glad we went to eat a nice meal Saturday night because even talking to my mom and her jokingly poking at me not to be an "ass" and remember your mother still wasn't enough incentive to get me off my focused deal.  I got up near 7:00am yesterday and after writing that blog, I went outside to look at the pumps and wonder what it would take to run the new pumps before starting.
    It is a big monumental task but also not really.  There are three electric wires to run in the protective conduit, so once you pull that off the old pump, open the back of the new pump and there will be a similar layout to connect to.  I connected the three wires for the hot tub, flipped it over and for some reason it didn't light up like it should have.  Well, it did but there must have been a problem with the way it lined up as it leaked from all the connections.  At this point, I was get getting tired and frustrated.  I go inside to go pee and Wife and the boys are all still asleep and cozy in bed.  I'm the only idiot outside trying to impress my peeps that I can do it all.  I say it's hard but not really because it is a ground green wire, a live black wire and a neutral white wire.  As easy as wiring a light bulb, but the hard part is getting those ling of thick wires to bend where you want them to.  They have to be in that conduit, so you can't just pull them individually, but then once they come into the motor part, they must each be pulled individually to the right place to connect.
    After doing all this to the hot tub pump, it started but it leaked everywhere.  I got tired of being on my knees, out in the sun, I felt I had to poop that awesome dinner from the night before, I was tired and cranky after not getting it done in less than an hour like I had hoped.  I was expecting the same shitty results from the pool pump, so I left it with two more wires to attach and finish.  I went inside, took a shower, called my Mom to wish her a Happy Mother's Day, and after going all out Saturday night to Pappadeaux, on Sunday we just managed to go to Mod Pizza which is nice, but hardly a place to go celebrate for Mother's Day, but Wife said that was fine.  I wanted to eat and get back to finishing my job.  After finishing my food, I felt a nap overtaking me.  All I wanted was to lay down for awhile.  I got home and slept until almost 8:00pm.  Wife woke me and I didn't know if it was 8:00am or 8:00pm.  She said we needed t eat dinner and I told her to go get something, I had just enough light to try and finish connecting the pool pump.  She went and got Golden Chick and I stayed behind to get bit by mosquitos and finish connecting the pool pump.  I was surprised and excited to finish the electrical and connect the inlet and outlet water connections and like a champ, it started on the first try.  I stayed outside until midnight with the leaf catcher trying to get as much of the debris out as I could.  I am glad I have gotten ahead of the city  and the rat bastards here in the neighborhood who like to rat me out for having a "dirty" pool.  It should be clean by the end of the week as I will try to run it non-stop and keep shocking it daily.
    Mom, I love you and I will get you a little something for this weekend when I see you at the graduation, I just never got going anywhere.  Wife, I know I wasted "your" day away but you know how I obsess once I feel like I have to do something.  We should be cool for the summer now with our Javalina to help run the mower, and the pool looking good, we might even be able to have a little party back there.

No comments:

Post a Comment