Monday, May 20, 2019

5/20/19 I'm Not A Drinker?

    Man, I paid for those few drinks the rest of the night on Saturday.  As I had said, after the graduation, we had about an hour to sit and kill which my brother quickly filled with some drinks.  I enjoyed sitting there with him talking shit and tasting different drinks, but the alcohol doesn't go away just because you stop drinking.
    When they finally called us to go sit at the table, I was feeling good, as they say.  I can understand why people end up fighting when they get drunk.  As I was walking to the table I felt ten feet tall and lit up.  I bumped into somebody and it may have been a little old lady but she bounced right off me like an oil droplet on a hot skillet "I thought yeah, that's what you get when you come at Big Mando, now sit yo ass before you hurt yourself."  I found my peeps sitting in the wrong part of the table, I usually sit at the important section at the center of good conversation, but because I took too long at the bar, we were sat at the opposite end of the table, away from my folks and aunt.  I only had my peeps to argue with and Javalina kept whispering at me saying I was being loud to which I kept yelling at him to stop fucking with me and talk in a normal tone and I won't yell.  Wife kept shushing me and I kept telling her not to boss me around, she knows I am the Paterfamilias!
    My brother had ordered some nachos at the bar and they were great with all that melted cheese and fajita meat on top, so I ordered a plate of those for lunch and they were kick ass.  The only problem was that we were split by two waiters and I went with the side of my boys and Wife went with the other side of the table.  We got our food and I pretty much finished eating everything before Wife got her plate.  I was then expected to sit there quietly and act like a human, yet every two minutes a waittress was shoving me over trying to get through with a giant tray of food.  I was just thinking "slide that ass along my back, it's all good."  But ehh, life don't work that way.  Eventually, I tried shutting down and going to sleep, but Wife wouldn't let me, so I got up and walked around like a shark trying to start conversation elsewhere.  My uncle and brother were having a good laugh at me being a little drunk, so I stayed with them and ate cake.
    The graduate seemed to like my gift, he was surprised to see on my note that although I was atheist, I still considered the bible to be a book of worthwhile value to society, not as a set of rules to live by, but as a literary source.  We hugged it out, all was great, then we left.  It was so awesome to sit in the car and get that A/C going.  I was sort of pinching a groundhog (if you know what I mean after all that meat and cheese) and the traffic looked horrible on 1604.  Magically, when you fall asleep you awaken at your destination and that is exactly what happened.  I pretty much spent the rest of the afternoon in bed.  I don't know that I was hungover, I didn't get a headache or even much cottonmouth, but I was tired and that could have just been from getting up at 7:30am, but heck, we showed up for family and that is always the right thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment