Sunday, May 12, 2019

5/12/19 Early Mother's Day Dinner?

    Since Wife has to go to bed early on Sundays, I suggested we go eat somewhere nice on Saturday.  The boys got excited and I suggested to Javalina this was a chance to wear pants and even his nice red jacket.  He got all excited at the idea and at home he started that he wanted to pay for Mama's dinner or share in the expense.  Boy was on board too.  Girlie said they would go and pay for her dessert, so it sounded pretty good.  I said we would go around 8:00-9:00pm and thus everyone could do what they normally did, until then.  Boy studied for his finals this coming week, Javalina played a new video game we ran to Best Buy and he got before we ran off to do our chores.
    I had tried to run the pumps on the pool the previous weekend, but both the pool and hot tub refused to even turn on.  It was a pain and I could see the mounds of fire ants built up behind both pumps.  I've been told to keep an eye on this.  Some of the electronic parts are considered to be sweet and the ants will tear them apart.  Because of my leg injury, we had not really been worried about running the pool or hot tub much in the past almost two years.  Now that I am healed I want to start using them again, but apparently, I was going to have to invest money here.  Lowe's showed the pumps on their website but I could not talk to one knowledgeable person at the store.  I'm sorry, but an 18-year old girl will rarely know anything useful as both I had to deal with one at the pool store and then at Lowe's.  Their eyes both lit up like "what!?"  when I asked if they had pool pumps and one of them was standing five feet from them.  She then managed to quote me $800 and I said nope, try again.  They should be between $350 and maybe $700.  She stood her ground which made me leave.  I ended up at the other side of town at Lestlie's Pool Supply with a proper 35 year old hippy who at least knew what I was talking about.  I didn't like when he explained that because I have an in-ground pool, I should be buying the $500-$650 pumps, depending on horsepower because they are intended to suck water once you form a vacuum, this to get the water from underground up and to the pump.  This was more than I was prepared to spend, but then I noticed they have a store card and I decided to apply for the card.  Ten minutes later, I was walking around looking for extra stuff to get with my new $8000 credit limit.  I got both pumps, a barrel of chlorine, shock, new leaf catchers, and scrapers and even new poles to work from above.
    Getting back home, everyone was kind of ready and waiting for us to go eat.  We had been told it was going to possibly be a 2-3 hours wait when Wife tried getting a reservation, which I kept saying not if we get there at 9:00pm, it never is that bad if you wait until later.  Sure enough, by the time I farted and took a quick shower, we were headed out there around 9:00pm and there was maybe one other group waiting to sit.  I scanned the restaurant and saw a handful of empty tables.  It took maybe ten minutes before we were taken to our table.  I love the food there.  My thought is if we can't eat at the Brazilian Steakhouse place, then this is the 2nd nicest place to eat, for me.  Everything was perfect, from the one mixed drink that I ordered while standing outside to the fudge brownie desert with vanilla ice cream at the end.  I ordered the Texas redfish because I plan on catching one of those one day and I want to be familiar with how it tastes.

No comments:

Post a Comment