Wednesday, May 22, 2019

5/22/19 We Can Feel Summer Upon Us?

    Boy got done last week with his spring classes, which meant it is only a matter of time before Javalina joins him.  It started feeling like summer with him wanting to stay up later and later recently.  He has three more days before he is done.  He is getting done with all the last minute mumbo jumbo, like on Monday he went and tested at Crockett High School and we found out he passed the TSI test.  I am honestly not sure what this test does, but the boy is doing good, considering he is one of the laziest bag of bones I know when it comes to schoolwork.
    I just got his graduation gift, a nice black watch which I pretty much had let him choose.  I like giving a nice watch as a gift because they last a long time, and people that wear them just seem to have that touch of respect to the old school way of being.  I know everyone can and does look at their phones for the time, but I still maintain a nice watch is a great accessory on a man.  I was a little nervous ordering it online through Amazon, but I looked at it last night and it appears to be new in its proper box with the instruction manual and I saved over a hundred bucks if I had bought it at the mall.  I ended up getting it for $311, when I had put it on layaway the day before for $422.  There was a cheaper dealer in the Amazon page, but I didn't like one of the comments that they had received their watch unboxed and the place sounded like a sports store.  The store I chose had a 99% approval with over 10,000 customers.
    Probably this weekend, we need to go get that squat rack I have been talking about all spring.  Javalina is chomping at the bit to get into some training and If there is any way I could help him transform into a linebacker, I think that would be cool.  He keeps losing weight even though we are not dieting, he is down to 205 from around 220 without trying.  I don't think he can be an effective lineman if he gets under 200 pounds.  Either way, we got plans to work on his speed and strength and then we'll see where he lands.
    Boy is down to a government class he needs to take, possibly at ACC because he took the first one there, and about four more classes in his field and then hopefully he is graduating in the fall.  I just want him to finish. apparently he can continue with his current company but a few others have reached out too.  He is exploring to see who will pay him more, including Holt, the big road equipment company and one in New Braunfels.  It is looking pretty good on our end, if we could get big Mama home.

No comments:

Post a Comment