Friday, May 10, 2019

5/10/19 Innocence Skipping Away?

    Speaking of growing up on yesterday's blog, Javalina got in the car and started talking about how he thought it was weird to see a 6th grader skipping, like a little kid down the sidewalk.  He said it reminded him of when he was at Williams Elementary and being younger.  Of course, he mentioned it to one of his buddies and the little Shit just said the 6th grader was a "fag".  When he mentioned it to one of the girls he knows at least he got an "aww, how cute."
    I told him this is what we were just talking about.  Boys your age don't have a fully developed brain, so your buddy sees a younger kid having fun doing something "different," and he must be a fag.  You at least have a better understanding of things and you know that hopping along in that skip way does not make one a fag, and he says no, the kid was having fun and enjoying himself.
    In fact, as we saw, you will be skipping when we start football training once school ends because I found a tutorial that says that skipping is one way of making one faster at running, and that is one of his weaknesses catching people from behind, on the football field.
    I have to say that the last three years happened almost too fast.  I don't know if it was because he was color coded or because Wife is working out of town, but the last three years went poof and done.  I spent most Sunday nights when he was in 6th grade ironing his green polo shirts.  We got a little better for 7th grade and about half the shirts were made of non-ironing material, so I didn't have to iron as much, followed by 8th grade where all his shirts were made of rayon or polyester or whatever that never needs ironing and that has been a timesaver.
    Nowadays, Javalina is ever vigilant, looking for weaknesses.  He is that young lion that wants to become the leader of the pack.  Knowing that I am sick, he persisted I challenge him at arm wrestling.  He came the closest he has come to beating me.  I know it's coming, but at least for now, I am still the strong guy at the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment