Thursday, January 31, 2019

1/31/19 Javalina Really Believes In Hierarchy?

    Javalina always seems to have amusing little stories after school.  I really liked this one he told me on Monday or Tuesday.  He said he was hanging out talking with his friend Eddie outside during lunch break and out of nowhere a 7th grader he has in a class he was just moved to ran by him and yelled "you suck at drawing!"  He was caught off guard as he wasn't even sure who it was that said it initially.  After staring at him as he kept running, he figured out it was the kid that sits on his table in art class.
    He was then asking me "Do I retaliate or let it go?"  I told him it was hilarious, to just tell the kid that it was funny and let it go.  He said "I will not be the butt of a joke of some shitty little 7th grader, he must learn respect."  I then said but maybe he heard you making fun of yourself trying to be cute with that Mexican girl who doesn't speak English and he thought you were cool like that.  He said, "nah, I can make fun of myself, he doesn't have my permission."
    I told him there is always the chance if you get tough with him, he might decide to kick your ass, you know, turn the table on my little demi-god (he likens himself a demi-god, kind of like a Hercules, or something.  Boy has an ego).  He looks at me and utters "really?!" "really dad?!"  "The kid is like a foot shorter than me and he's a "Chiquito Gordito", implying he is short and soft."  "Ay Mijo" is all I can say.  One of these days, someone is going to kick your ass.  He still managed a "nah!"
    Today, he had art and the kid wasn't there the first 20 minutes, my boy thought he had scared him away, but he showed up, eventually.  He said he decided not to threaten him, but he also was not going to acknowledge he existed as a person.  He told him "hey, 7th grader, I am not going to retaliate, but I will also not ever know your name.  You will just be 7th grader."  The kid responded back with here's my name and he showed him his badge, and Javalina said "no, you are 7th grader."  Later in the class, the teacher asked the kid to do something and my boy snapped his finger and said "andale! andale! hurry up, 7th grader."
    He can be funny, but I can't help think that the other smaller kid was trying to make friends with him, Javalina is just a bit of a jerk and he insists on staying with his own kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment