Monday, January 7, 2019

1/7/19 That Was Two Weeks Off?

    Going into this break, I had a feeling it was going to be different than normal.  Normally, we travel for Christmas, like the day after, to see my folks and Wife's folks, then we go to my In-law's home on New year's Eve.  This year we knew they were expecting us in Crystal City so Javalina could practice a dance routine for my only niece's Quinceanera coming up in January.
    Right off the bat, we got out Friday the 21st, but Wife didn't get home until closer to 7:00pm.  That was fine, but we had to go shopping on Saturday to get some last minute gifts and stuff.  Sunday was the first practice day.  Nobody really called us, but we knew it was a practice day.  We got going a little after noon, maybe it was 12:20pm, but traffic sucked.  We got to Crystal slightly late, closer to 4:00pm.  Javalina got about 10-15 minutes of practice before they decided the boys were done and from 4:20 until 6:00, the girls were going to practice a separate dance.  That was what you call awesome.  We drove back late on Sunday, as we were intent on doing Christmas at our home.  We stopped at HEB on the way back in Kyle to get food for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
    Christmas Eve saw us get off to a slow start, but it was cool, we had a bunch of food and Wife made a Christmas ham.  I accidentally took 3 allergy pills because my nose would not stop dripping and I was sneezing non-stop, the accidental part was that I didn't realize they had Benadryl which totally knocked me out, and I slept through the afternoon and evening going into Christmas.  It wasn't until Christmas Day when I was going to take more of the allergy pills that Wife said those are going to knock you out as I was fixing to do it again.  Christmas Day was nice, we had plenty of company from Boy's friends to Girlie, very nice and quiet.  Wednesday was relaxing and had no rushes, but Thursday was another practice day in Crystal City, so off we were again.  This time we were only about 10 minutes late, and Javalina got plenty of practice.  Again, we drove back after practice, my folks had said they were going to come and hang out until Sunday, but that didn't happen because my mom got sick with a cold/flu.
   We finally got to hang out and take it easy on Friday through Sunday.  We stayed up late, got up later, and didn't do much but watch TV and get fat.  These were the best days of relaxing.  New Year's Eve we got up in the afternoon and headed to the In-Law's in the early evening.  They had a bunch of food, and kept me eating until almost midnight, and we then headed back home around 2:00am.
    We took it easy on the 1st and 2nd, thinking we are finally on vacation and just going to take it easy the rest of the week.  Then my Dad stepped on a banana peel and changed all that.  We spent the 3rd through the 6th going to San Antonio every day to see him.  I spent the night with him on Friday into Saturday which was kind of like working as he kept me on my toes laying down, sitting up, and repeating the process about a million times.  We stayed home on Sunday, but I woke Wife up at noon to go get some food and get out of the house before our last day ran out.  Javalina got new shoes and socks, and that was pretty much the two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment