Friday, February 1, 2019

2/1/19 Low Key Weekend?

    I am looking forward to a nice quiet weekend which I don't feel we have had in a long time.  We have either been doing things for the quince (such as getting tuxes, getting gifts, going to Crystal to practice), which is now over, or going to San Antonio to visit Wife's family.  I almost don't know what to do with myself.
    When we do have the occasional quiet weekend with no obligations, I like to drive around and look for new places where we could possibly move to.  The last time we got a chance to do this was probably a few months ago and we ended up in some fancy neighborhood in Lakeway with houses in the $800,000-$1,000,000 range.  I felt like "yup, I could live here", unfortunately, my wallet and reality do not agree with my dreaming.
    I can do without moving, but I still would really like a waterfront property with a cabin or even an RV.  I just want to sit in front of one of our area lakes and say "It's mine!"  Right now it seems a little far fetched, but that is why I push Wife so much.  She is my golden goose and daddy needs some gold eggs, so start squatting and pushing big Mama.  Just kidding, we should be fine in a while, Boy is almost off our support system, now that we can see a light at the end of the tunnel.  He says this semester and one more, so here's hoping all his classes line up.
    Other than that, I told Wife it would be nice to go out to dinner tonight, if she can make it here early enough.  She gets out at 4:30pm and should be on the road by 4:31pm, but you know heroes.  Sometimes even on a Friday she will stay until 6:00pm working.  It is a three hour drive, she needs to get on the road ASAP.  It might even be nice to go to the movies, we haven't been in over a month.  Now that Boy stopped working at Alamo Drafthouse and we don't get free tickets, that place is too rich for our blood.  I like EVO in Kyle, the prices are still below $10 and the theater itself is new and fresh.
    We aren't big fans of the Super Bowl, but it is this Sunday, so we will probably be grilling and at least have it on to see the commercials.  I'm sure it will go by too fast, but at least we can do what we want.  If we choose to sleep in all weekend, well, that is what we will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment