Thursday, January 10, 2019

1/10/19 Breaking Bad Habits Eating Out?

    We are only three days into our new diet and already we "had to" eat out.  I say "had to" because Javalina started asking the day before and Wife happened to make it into town so we could eat together, so it almost makes sense to do it.  I had already told Javalina that it was going to be a lot more Jason's Deli and a lot less Bill Miller, to try and eat healthier, but man...
    I could not resist on an all you can eat salad buffet, the salad is fine, but they have these little biscuits made of gingerbread and even the corn ones are so sweet and yummy, I can fill a small plate and eat an easy 10-15 of those little guys.  I went through the salad and thought about the fact that even a salad can have as many calories as a pizza, if you overdo a couple things, so I prepared a very basic salad, lettuce, carrots, broccoli, some cheese, spinach, 3 eggs, and some hummus.  I grabbed that little plate I normally fill as high as I can, and only grabbed like 4-5, figuring they were for the table.
    I think I did alright, I ate 4 of the tiny biscuits, but I also had water instead of the tea that I normally would get, and there was no cone at the end of the meal.  It would be too hard to just give up all the little treats available at a place like this, with an open bar, but I am trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment