Friday, January 25, 2019

1/25/19 Men's Wearhouse At Southpark Meadows?

    Last night, Thursday, was supposed to be a nice relaxing evening with nothing more to do than pick up our tuxedoes for the quince this weekend.  But of course, things are never easy, I got a call at 5:30pm or so if I could come in at night and take care of a HOT job.  I could have said no, I guess, but I don't like saying no to overtime, it is so infrequent nowadays.  Apart from going and picking up the tuxedoes for Boy and I, I was also dealing with about 30 texts on instructions and this and that from my supervisors and crap.
    I never thought of Men's Wearhouse particularly expensive in nature, we did get the tux rentals for each one at $120, complete with pretty nice service where I had a lady helping me with the vest and jacket, even the pants had adjustments on the side and as I stood there like a "bobo" as Wife would say, she fixed everything on me nicely.  What freaked me out completely is that I wanted to get Javalina a nice new white dress shirt with long sleeves and the best the lady could show me was $99.  For that price I was expecting a buy one get one free or something, that was just excessive.  I know Dillard's is cheaper than that, I just didn't want to drive all the way to the mall, specially because I was already going to be going to work when I got done with this.
    Luckily, Wife found a shirt that was not completely white, the ends of the sleeves have some grey if you fold them over, which they look white if you don't, was only $30.  She figures that would work ok, and I couldn't disagree for the price.  While all this was going on, the lady in charge of the tux rentals got real friendly, telling us she came from Singapore, knew 7 languages, had worked in San Antonio, and on and on.  Her assistant was much younger and fell in love with Wife's Pokémon purse.  They then started a conversation with Boy about his 3D printers and she wanted to order something, so they exchanged e-mails.
    I told Wife it felt good being out with my two boys like they were prized stallions being looked over, as both ladies kept saying how good looking they both were and for once, neither was being the normal jerks they are.  Javalina was even trying to be charming after one of them joked he needed a job, he said "well hire me and I'll sweep and do whatever for you" with the motion of sweeping.  Boy was locked into showing them his projects making the costume style swords and now his creations with the 3D printers.
    Not that I needed them, but they had a few new shoes and the colors were just great, but nothing had a price.  I hate having to ask how much this and how much that, so I gave it up, the idea of buying extra stuff.  We kept it to just the bare essentials.  But seeing those shoes makes me wish I almost worked at a place that required me to dress up, but that is problems for another day.  Off to work with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment