Friday, January 18, 2019

1/18/19 Amazon Might Finally Have Me As A Customer?

    I have hesitated becoming like Boy who seems to have packages delivered almost daily, but slowly, I notice Wife is becoming like this as well.  I get it though, if you want something hard to find, just type it on the screen and voila, there it is.  I have wanted to stay dedicated to the stores, I still love to walk through a mall on any given chance even if I have to share the mall with those fucking idiots who think their dogs are human and deserve to be in there.  I am going to enjoy hearing when a dog gets loose and attacks a person for no reason and that person then gets paid by the pet owner and the fucking mall or store.  I know, your dog is different, of course, I meant the other dog owners, you are cool.
    The malls are slowly dying, losing Sears here at Barton Mall my area mall, I can see that is going to leave a big hole.  It seems every time we go, one more store is gone, yet a new one pops in its place, so I don't know.
    A few months ago I wanted shotputs for Javalina and we spent an afternoon running to Academy, Dick's, REI, and any other place which might sell them and we had no success.  I then jumped on Amazon and was met by hundreds of choices.  Shoot, I could get them in brass, steal, aluminum, and in all sorts of weights and colors too.  I went back a month ago and got a pair of Discus in junior high and high school weights, it was too easy.  Normally, I like to touch the stuff, grab it in my hands and see if the thing feels like a quality product, but in this case a metal ball is a metal ball.
    Today, we got another idea.  Since Javalina always wants to punch and he is wishing he could punch a live person instead of the punching bag, I thought of the padding one of the coaches teaching a boxing student was wearing.  It is like almost two inches of padding and the target areas have circles to indicate where a punch should land.  Just to make this even better, I had no idea how much this would cost, but there is a range from $60 to $200 for essentially the same thing.  I might not like it, but the convenience of this and the fact that I even save a gas tank of fuel from running around comparing prices if they even had them in stores, might just be the final punch in the gut for the brick and mortar stores.  We are also considering ordering a couple more dumbbells in weights I don't currently have.  Again, if Amazon is cheaper, I might just have a new love.

No comments:

Post a Comment