Sunday, January 27, 2019

1/27/19 And Then, Peace and Quiet?

    We knew we were going to do this 15 years ago, we had that long to prepare, but in the end, we wait until the last minute to react and do what we gotta do.  It is about two hours since one of the most hectic days for my brother came and went, we finally got to celebrate getting past the ubiquitous celebration of my niece's quinceanera.  I say it that way because it crept into everything we did, even for us 3 hours away.  In the last stages, my mom was trying her best for us to just take some days off from our normal routines and come and spend the night to make sure we wouldn't be late.  I know to them it seemed like we were being a tad selfish or not thinking of the big picture, but for example, Boy tells me he is having trouble with his car right as he started the first week of Spring classes.  Yes I am bothered as to why he didn't deal with this on any other day during his Christmas break, but here we are,  dealing with this on the Friday before we are supposed to be down in Crystal City.  His car cost me a pretty penny on Friday, first needing an alignment, Ford charged a very surprising and affordable $109 plus tax.  Then I needed 2 new tires installed, they were $394.  This is not stuff that can be ignored, it becomes a lot harder trying to deal with it without Wife and her 2nd vehicle.
    But getting back to the day, it started early for us.  I was awake at 7:00am and showered before 8:00.  Mom had already started texting, wanting to know if we were up and to make sure we were on schedule.  The only thing I could say to slow her down was "I can't jump in the shower and hurry if I have to stand by my phone and respond to your texts to hurry."  We were on the road by 9:03am and I even sent mom a pic with us all in the car and going.  Other than spending way too much time waiting for Javalina's chicken fingers at El Parador, Wife's newest favorite gas station/rest area, the trip was pretty non-eventful.  We arrived at Mom's before 1:00pm and got dressed.  My brother wanted us at the church at 2:30pm for pictures and we did make it there with minutes to spare, I don't think pictures were a priority right then and there.  I stood outside with my brother in law and said hi to a couple of family members.  The mass finally started at 3:00pm.
    All I could figure is that the priest was from South America somewhere because he had an exotic accent, to me.  He wouldn't pronounce the S at the end of words, like he addressed us as the family Gallego, and several other words he did the same thing.  Then he insisted that Yeezus was the only way to salvation and all that jazz, but I just kept picturing Kanye West as he has an album named Yeezus and a shoe line named Yeezy Shoes.  Then the highlight of the service appeared in the shape of an alterboy, Satan himself.  My sister got after me later that the boy is a good guy and to not be mean, but the kid was dressed in red from head to toe.  I snapped a pic and drew in some horns and wings and to me that is what evil would do to hide in plain sight.
    There was more bad pronunciation which drew some bad imagery from the priest and how they insist the Lord is in you but I will let that one go.  Everyone stood around for another half hour to take pics and stand around looking dumb.  The whole court, including my boy, jumped into a party bus and they were taken for a cruise and then delivered about two hours later at the Campestre Ballroom....  (to be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment