Saturday, January 26, 2019

1/26/19 Zero Minus 1 Day Before The Quince?

    I have a feeling we are seen as the difficult ones, deciding not to come down until the last minute, but it is not that easy to just disconnect from everything and get going.  Wife did everything right, I even convinced her to stay home Friday so we could take care of any last minute things so we wouldn't be rushing Saturday morning.
    As luck would have it, Boy was driving home Thursday night and his "low tire pressure" warning came on in his car again for the 2nd or 3rd time this week, so he wanted it looked at by Discount Tire, they installed the tires on his car currently and they aren't even a year old.  It turns out the alignment in the rear driver's side got out of alignment somehow and as a result the tire got eaten up pretty bad, to the point that the radials were almost visible on the inside of the tire.  I told him to order two tires for the back as the other rear tire was also in bad shape.  It was 5:00pm when he was telling me this, so I called Ford to see how much an alignment would be and surprisingly, it was only about $109.  The guy said they could do it pretty quickly, so I told him we would be dropping off the car overnight so they would have it first thing in the morning.
   As it turns out, I was also called in to work and I worked half the night, so I got home Friday morning around 3:30am and slept as much as I could, my plan was to make a day of it with Wife, so I got up after sleeping about 3-4 hours and we dropped off Javalina at school.  Boy's GF slept over and she either took Boy or didn't take him to work but he was gone by the time we got back from eating breakfast at Macho Taco.  Not that it's a terrific place, I mean, it is good, but we just wanted a place that wouldn't be packed where we could get some eggs and bacon or some other pro-Atkins type of meal.  We both went home to shower and although I meant to just lay in bed while she was in there, I fell asleep hard, until around 1:00pm.  At this point, I got up and showered, we went to Wal-mart to get a last minute gift I've been meaning to get and all the necessary wrapping paper and bows and stuff.
    Even if we had wanted to leave early, Boy's car was not ready from Ford until around 4:00pm, which he had just walked into the house and I sent him right back out with my credit card in hand to go get his vehicle and we would go pick up Javalina and meet him at the Discount Tire place.  We waited for a little bit and then he showed up showing me the paperwork saying that indeed, the alignment for some reason was really bad in the rear as they had said.  I was a little worried because Discount Tire closes at 6:00pm, but we got in there before 5:00pm.  Again, I pulled out my credit card out to help the child out.  Discount Tire sent me a text that the car was ready, I told him and had to yell at him to get going as it was 5:40pm and they had to drive down the road to go get it.
    Wife and I then spent about an hour in our room, her trying to put her outfit together and I was trying on old shorts I hadn't worn in a while because my weight kept going up.  Javalina needed time to find his dress shoes, Boy found his patent leather Converse sneakers which he said he was wearing with his tuxedo.  Wife meanwhile made a delicious chicken breast with Mexican white cheese and bacon and salad on the side.  The weight is coming off, I am worried the longer we stay out of Austin, the more potential to eat bad stuff and stop the progress on our diet goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment