Tuesday, January 15, 2019

1/15/19 Visiting the In-Laws For A Birthday?

    Saturday was my sister-in-law's birthday, so we spent the day over there.  It is not that I mind going, my in-laws are some of the nicest people one will ever meet.  Hell, they tell me to go nap on their bed and pretty much take over their bathroom when we go down there, what more could you ask for?  I just happen to love hanging out in my house, which I feel we haven't done much of lately.
    Of course, I woke up like at 7:00am to write my blog, then when I wanted to go lay down, it was time to take Javalina to the dentist for his "emergency" visit at 10:00am.  I am not sure why I went, other than to support him, it was a typical dentist office, but because I was already in sleepy mode, I fell asleep before he even went in.  Give me a break though, there was nobody else there and it still took over thirty minutes.  Then they wanted only him while they took x-rays and what not.  It was a full hour before we saw the dentist and then for her to tell us there was no cavity or anything she could dig or cut.  Just a story of a pocket.
    Wife was nice and when we got home she let me sleep for an hour which I did, almost to the minute.  I then got up, showered and all that stuff.  I already mentioned how Wife doesn't like me talking about my wants and needs, so I slept most of the way there.
    The party was fine.  We got there and they had pretty much a Thanksgiving dinner with Turkey and ham and all the trimmings.  We then sang Happy Birthday, ate cake, sat around the table for a bit and I found myself headed to my favorite spot, bed.  It must have been around 6:00pm and I woke up at 8:00pm feeling much better.  Wife and her sisters were busy gossiping and talking about some plans they got brewing and I kind of leaned against the wall and started watching Undercover Boss with the In-Laws.  Boy was outside talking with his GF, but Javalina loves being there and playing with his cousins.  There is a range between 19 and just started college to 4-5, but they all get along well enough throwing each other around.
    We found ourselves leaving around 11:00pm and I stayed awake the whole way back, we even stopped at Buc-ee's to get gas and walk around inside.  I still like the stuff they sell, even if most of it is overpriced.  We got home hungry, closer to 1:00am and we tore into the leftover BBQ we made Friday night.  We stayed up until at least 3:00am watching a couple episodes of Black-ish and a couple episodes of Scrubs, we just introduced it to Javalina and he has ben binging on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment