Saturday, September 5, 2015

9/6/15 Schlitterbahn Was Nice?

    I didn't really feel like going anywhere today.  The only real reason we did was because we had been telling Chubs we would go to Schlitterbahn.  We bought the season tickets at the end of last season so we managed to go a handful of times last year, but this summer was so hectic, we hadn't managed to go and time was running out.
   The main goal for going was to meet up with our friends who moved out of state a couple years ago. Surprisingly, we found their family a few seconds after gooing in the park, they had sent half the family like at 10am so they could get good tables in a good place.  I worked last night, but did get out at 5am so I could sleep a good amount.  Wife tried getting me up at noon, but I fought the good fight until almost 2pm, at which point she said she was going to gas up car and buy some sodas, and a bag of ice.  I finally got up, ran downstairs, ate some fruit, and a piece of pan dulce (old family recipe to insure a quick poop) with a glass of water.    After doing my business and showering, we got going.  I told Wife to drive, again, I am still battling this fatigue thing, but again, when do I rest?
    Wife got us there in no time, and after circling the parking lot a couple times, we got lucky and found a good spot, even under a shady tree.  We always rent a locker, it costs about $10, but it gives piece of mind when it comes to valuables.  I can leave my towels and snacks on any table, but I don't trust my wallet and phone walking off on their own.  They do give you back $2, when you return the key.
    Our routine is to go round and round the circular wave pool and the lazy river on tubes.  Ocasionally, we'll do the small slides, but Chubs didn't want to do them today.  We did manage to all end up hungry at the same time, and eventually we saw our friends at the tables they had reserved.  We ate our sandwich stuff, they were much more prepared, even had tuna fish in ice.  We are not that adventurous.  We stick to ham and bologna when we eat sandwiches out of the house.  Chubs even got me to buy him some of that ice cream of the future "dippin' dots", at a ridiculous price of $5.99 for the small.
    After awhile, we went our separate ways, we headed to the lazy river to chill.  Even though I didn't want to go, once in the water, I can't think of a more relaxed place to be.  It did rain earlier in the day, and while we were at the park, it got quite cloudy, although I didn't see rain.
    We were out of the park by 6:15pm, Chubs changed in the car and we stopped for some Cooper's BBQ.  By then, my supervisor called and asked if I could go in to work tonight or tomorrow.  I said I would go in tomorrow, only because I was excited to see the Longhorns start their game night.  That game was such a disappointment, after waiting all summer to see some football.

No comments:

Post a Comment