Friday, September 11, 2015

9/12/15 Fix Or Fire?

    I love my Excursion.  Anybody who says it's a gas hog can line up for a fart in the right nostril.  It has never given me any problems... until now.  It stalled on me for the second time in about a two month span.  I don't know if I'm getting bad gas, I tend to use Diamond Shamrock, or the Walmart by the house.  I know people will say negative things about the Walmart gas, but I've been using it for about eight years now. 
    The first time it stalled, I had just gotten home and was about to turn it off, I was creeping in as close to the house as possible without hitting it or the basketball goal in the driveway.  It just turned off, only the radio kept playing.  My thought was maybe a bad/dirty fuel filter, I had it changed out last week when we did an oil change.  Tonight, I was at the light, before I turn to my street, and actually I was creeping it past some crap I had noticed on road in morning before it just shut off on me.  This time the radio turned off, followed by all the service lights coming on, the A/C stalled for a second, then it came back on.  Both speedometer and tachometer were at zero.  I tried turning it on, but I guess it was still on.  I then turned key off, waited a second, and then tried again, it turned on and I left, nervous as heck to the house.
    Now I gotta decide, were those flukes or is that a sign of things to come?  Can Ford fix it, if I take it in?  Am I better off starting with a newer used vehicle, I wanted to wait until next Spring to get another F-250?
    I know fixing it could be $100 to $3000.  Then it should be good, I was not planning on getting rid of it since I had not had any problems, but it is now more than 11 years old.  Can't say I haven't gotten my money's worth out of it.  It has taken us to Florida about six-seven times, and everywhere else.  I don't like that it is my only vehicle to drive, since I sold my trucks.  That's the rub, I should have never just gone truck free.  We live in Texas, I'm surprised I haven't been fined for being a man in Texas without a truck.  I will fix this as quickly as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment