Sunday, September 27, 2015

9/28/15 Quickie Vacation Was Good For The Soul?

    Going home was actually very relaxing.  I always stress over running into people from my youth, not because I hate talking to them, but because I forget names, I feel like I might call Peter, Rudy or Juan, Jose.  Going to the PeeWee football game, I was sure someone would be saying hi, remember me?
    Since that didn't happen, I was just with family, which is how I prefer it.  After the game and dinner we stayed up a little late, just normal fun and teasing.  We drank coffee and ate pan dulce (mexican pastries) as we talked of our upcoming family trip next summer to Florida and the parks.  We have all decided  to stay in a house together, no gift exchanges during christmas, to save some additional money for the trip.  Only the young'uns are to receive gifts.
    I could go more often, Mom insists I don't go because I don't like being down there, but the truth is that we work a lot.  This year, there have been only two weekends when I didn't work either Friday or Sunday night.  Add to that also Wife works several weekends doing all sorts of activities from taking random kids to college fairs to going to meetings at night to provide homeless parents insight and information to make their lives better.
    Sleeping down there was not much different than sleeping over here.  We ate late, I had two huge quart sized glasses of iced tea and followed that with a coke at the restaurant.  Then two cups of coffee, and the beans on the nachos did not help.  I woke up almost every hour to pee and fart until about 6am.  I finally managed to sleep ok, but I could hear people, my niece brought her dog over around 7:30am, so people were up that early even though I tried sleeping until 11am.
    We ate a very tradidtional breakfast which I looked forward to.  I love barbacoa tacos on a sunday morning.  Even better with a slice of avocado.  A cup of coffee made it perfect.  Nothing more to do after that awesome breakfast but go and take a nap.  I napped for awhile, then woke, saw a quarter of the Cowboys game with my dad yelling at the TV "ah que bola de pendejos", sounds about right for my dad cheering for his teams if they aren't winning.  I managed to nap another hour before finally getting up, showering and getting going.  Not bad.  We were in Crystal City for about 24 hours, but I got the monkey and my mom off my back.  She can't say we never go to Crystal for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment