Tuesday, September 15, 2015

9/15/15 That Ford Is Mine?

    We started the day late again.  Finally got caught up on my sleep, nothing to do today but grill and watch some football, I thought.  Wife comes down and I joke about wasting the day seeing more trucks, Wife says "let's do it!!"  I take quick shower debating in my head that we shouldn't do this.  I know we don't need a Lariat truck, but it's the only way I am taking a trck, it has to be loaded.
    The only thing I know I can do without is the diesel engine, which I owned a diesel truck and every time I gassed it, it would worry me.  What if I put the wrong fuel in there?  It was stressful, what if Wife takes it and she puts wrong fuel in it?  Plus, I never saw any gains from the diesel engine.  My Excursion has a gas engine and gives me about 12mpg, the diesel truck I had for three years averaged 12mpg, as well.  The part that sucked was that diesel always cost about .50 cents more per gallon.
    Last night, we had been at Maxwell Ford which is here about five miles from the house, but they only had 10-20 F250s.  I asked about gas engines and the guy could only find me one F250 but it was not the Lariat, King Ranch, or Platinum edition which are the ones with the leather and all the extras.  We looked at the used, and they only had one, but it was lifted so high, my eyes were level with the box in the back.  No way Wife would be able to climb int it without a ladder, she just said "get away from that."
    This morning I got up thinking, it sucks, it's Sunday, we can't look anywhere.  Then I remembered there are a few dealerships closed on Saturday and open Sunday.  Covert Ford in Hutto is one of these places and they must have had over 100 F250s, they were like ants out in their lot.  All around the building, I had not seen so many of them in one location.  We got a sales lady, but this one looked like she belonged, not like a grandma who was subbing for her grandson, like the night before at Maxwell.
    I cut to the chase, told her the truck I had seen, described it along with a couple others in her office.  She got a couple keys and off we went to find them.  We test drove a beautiful dark blue truck which was lifted just a little bit, but did not have a sunroof, otherwise perfect and loaded.  This was a 2016, so did not have all the sales discounts.  We then looked at a silver truck with black leather interior.  It looked very nice and shiny, but somehow looked shorter than the previous truck.  Wife said "test drive it if you like it, it is not as tall, you'll feel it on highway."  Immediately, it didn't feel like my truck.  I chose not to drive it.  At this point, she showed us an F-150, why not, I only told Wife a million times I wanted an F250, but she was "well, they're all the same..."  I said thank you, but no.  This was all foreplay, I asked where is the 2015 black one from the internet, she said I found it, it's over there.  As soon as we walked towards it, it was alright, where do I sign in my head.
    It had every option I could think of, I could say I am not a big fan of the tan leather seating, but I also know I complain with the black leather interior of Wife's bug.  Maybe the tan will grow on me.  It did not have Rhino liner, which is that rubbery material which protects the bed from scratches, so I left it there for them to take care of.  They said the Rhino people come to their lot every Wednesday and do it there.
    This truck is lifted taller than the King Ranch we had before, it has remote start, cooling and heating in the front seats, sunroof, navigation, rear view camera, plus we got extended warranty to 100,000 miles for bumper to bumper protection, covers any problems.  I am very excited and might even join Wife on one of her trips just to have an excuse to drive this thing long distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment