Saturday, September 19, 2015

9/19/15 Actual Three Day Weekend?

    I was surprised to find myself going into this weekend without any OT.  We got especially busy on Wednesday and Thursday, so much so that I hardly even got sleepy as I have been doing lately.  Shoot, I only watched two episodes of House, when sometimes I sneak in seven or eight shows a shift.
    Seriously though, I think I need to focus on resting.  I always feel run down, so this weekend, I want nothing more than to charge the old batteries.  I think we are off to a good start.  Yesterday, I picked up Chubs from school, ran over to show off my new truck to Girlie, while Wife was at work, came home about the same time as Wife, then we both took a nap.  We didn't discuss it, it was more of a I laid down while she was in the bathroom, then she laid down while I was supposed to go pee, but the bed was too inviting.  Before we knew it, we had both slept about an hour.  This was fine, I thought of going to Best Buy because Chubs has been wanting a new game.  We walked around Best Buy until it got dark, we were there awhile.  I bought like five music CDs, a charger to carry in my truck for our phones, and the game for Chubs.
    We then took off, almost headed to Carraba's for dinner, but I decided it was too far up north, I didn't want to make a fifty minute drive for some pasta.  We settled on Mandola's, one of our newer favorite places to eat.  We order a couple things and then we share them.  They have some garlic fries which are delicious with some weird green dipping sauce.  Then we ordered a pizza with a lemon vinaigrette sauce, no red sauce, spinach leaves, strips of cheese, it is very mild, and delicious.  This with their Friday special fettucine alfredo with scampi, which somehow translates to shrimp in a glaze sauce.  I could not believe how good that glaze sauce was.  I finished it by moping it up with the table bread.  Part of the reason for eating here is they have a variety of deserts, but they seemed to be out of most.
    We then headed off to Whole Foods, figuring we would have some luck finding better desert options.  I got a pumpkin loaf bread, some raspberry scone type of biscuits, and Wife got some cupcakes.  We headed home, I laid down to watch TV, but was out in a matter of minutes.  Great Friday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment