Wednesday, September 23, 2015

9/24/15 Me Bite You Long Time?

    I went to the dentist today, mostly because there was one next door to the Dunking Donuts by the house.  While Wife got a box, I went and got myself an appointment a couple weeks ago.  Dunking Donuts took forever to open and on their first day selling donuts, they already tasted old and stale, what is up with that?  Anyways, the appointment went well, but I didn't like having to do 10 x-rays.  Knowing they can cause cancer, it just seemed excessive.  I closed my eyes, that should protect me enough, I guess.
    Looking through my x-rays, doctor and hygienist both determined I got long healthy teeth, should last me a lifetime.  That's good, unless they know I'm getting hit by a bus next week, then not so good.  They then poked and prodded, my gum line, a test to see how far the tartar build up has affected things.  I'm not gonna lie, it hurt in some spots.  I wanted to cry like a little girl, but then I looked in the mirror and realized I am a man.  Since it has been a couple years that I've gotten a cleaning, I have a special first cleaning, it's even going to cost me some cash, but I should be good after it.
    All this work is not cheap.  The cost for this visit and the one next week to do the actual cleaning will be in the $1700 vicinity.  Thank goodness for insurance, the only thing I am paying is $161, still a lot, but way less than it could have been.
    I noticed these people seem happy to be at their job.  I'm not sure if they are following the lead of their dentist, but all the people I interacted with were sharp, smiling, and seemed to know what they were doing.  It has to be related to the fact that they only see people to make them better, most people waiting are getting teeth cleaned, so there is no negativity in the air or the nitrous oxide gas is leaking.  I have noticed this at other dentist offices, such as where Boy got his braces, everyone there was good at chatting and seemed like happy people on TV.  Go to a doctor's office, full of sick people, and the energy can be quite different. 

No comments:

Post a Comment