Sunday, September 20, 2015

9/21/15 I Didn't Know I Was A Tyrant?

    I have been called a jerk and an asshole many times.  I don't like it, but I also don't like people with glazed looks in their eyes.  I don't like people with low IQs, they slow everybody else down.  Given all that, Wife and I were having a splendid little Friday evening meal this weekend and we were talking about some of her friends.  I like to joke that I could have picked any of a number of them and given her the prime life we now share, but it was her aggressive nature that hooked me.
    I mentioned how is so and so doing, she said she was going through a divorce, I said something like well that wouldn't have happened under my regime, you don't walk away from all this, I like to say jokingly.  Wife was quick, nap earlier must have helped, she said ha, she couldn't stand you, she thought you were a tyrant, always screaming and losing your shit if you didn't get your way.
    What? (as I started to scream and lose my shit...) (j/k) I laughed at the allegation, I wasn't that bad. Once or twice, maybe.  No, you just don't remember, Wife said.  She then took me down memory lane, filling in Chubs on some of my tantrums, fit in perfectly as he has started his pre-teen run of getting mad for no reason.
    Apparently, earlier in our marriage, my sister-in-law felt the same way.  She once asked Wife "why do you stay with him?"  with tears in her eyes.  Wife looked at her with a "what are you talking about?" look.  He was loud, but we weren't even fighting or arguing.  She lived with us for awhile.  I love my sister-in-law, but she is not one for verbally sparring, I kind of like picking at an issue until we see it my way, usually.
    In my defense, I hide nothing.  If I am happy, you know, if I am pissed, you know.  We clear the air quickly and thus, nothing festers.  I sleep with a clear conscience, people in my house know how I feel 24/7.  I am not an angry person.  I am generally happy.  I live in my giant house, drive my giant vehicles, I have two good boys who do well in school, Wife is an excellent partner.  We go on vacations as we like and choose.  I've gotten fatter than I like, but that is part of the good life and eating out too much.
    I am glad the weak girls from our past thought I was a tyrant, I would have devoured them and really been a monster without my big girl here who has always known how to keep me in control.  It was going to take a strong gal to keep up with me, and sometimes I do need to back off, but Wife is my perfect partner.

No comments:

Post a Comment