Saturday, September 26, 2015

9/27/15 Stupid People Are Stupid?

    I promised my sister we would come watch her kid play Pee-Wee Football a month ago.  Being a man of my word, we came down this weekend to see wht they were up to.  Originally, they were scheduled to play at 11:30am, so I was going to work and have Wife drive us down while I slept in the truck.  Yesterday, my sister texted that their playing time had been moved to 6:30pm.  This was perfect, as I was now able to sleep mostly a normal 6 hours or so.
    We got going right at 1:30, with plenty of time to make the 6:30 time slot.  The road was fine except for one traffic slow down.  We got here with a little more than an hour to spare, and Mom spared no time showing me the home improvements they have completed.  Starting with a metal roof, painting the outsie of the house, pouring some white rock/clay mix to have a lane to backyard to park their RV.  They have even managed to replace the cover on the hot tub I gave them many years ago.
    We got to the game probably 15 minutes before the game was scheduled to start.  We ran into my aunt there and went and sat over with the parent's of my brother in law.  It was warm-ish when we got there, but by the time the game got going, the wind had turned and it even felt cool.  It did manage to drizzle, but it was not enough to stop the game.
    The one thing that bothered me was the brain dead people sitting all around us.  Football is a sport of collisions and hard hits.  There were several moments where the tackles were hard enough to leave the kid on his back for a few moments,  instead of silence, these neanderthals were clapping in the stands.  There was one particular nasty penalty where a kid was taken down with a face mask.  That is where the person being tackled is grabbed by the facemask and brought to the ground, this act is usually a fifteen yard penalty because it is really frowned upon.  I think if it is done on purpose, the kid should be ejected from the game.  People in the stands actually got excited over the tackle and clapping, yelling yeah!!  What if it was your kid,  Stupid?  What if he was injured by the takedown?
    I was really enjoying the game other than this.  The kids were all cute tiny versions of the real thing.  There were even tiny cheerleaders for each team.  I don't know that we will make another game, but this one was totally enjoyable and worthwhile.  We finished the night at a local mexican food place.  The food was ehh, service was ehh, it was warm-ish, but we had a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment