Saturday, September 26, 2015

9/26/15 How Good Is Your Word?

    We are going to my hometown this weekend.  We were going to leave Friday afternoon, but I was offered OT, and I don't say no to that.  The main reason we are going is to see our nephew play football.  He is on a pee wee league team, but they are playing tackle football and my Brother-in-law is coaching the team.  Another reason we are going is that it has been over a year since we have gone and everyone thinks I kinda suck at this point.  I swear either Wife or myself work most weekends, and then my folks were retired and enjoyed coming up to the big city of Austin, so even though we might not go down there, I still see my folks once a month or so.
    Since we last went down last easter, I believe, my folks have put a new roof on their house, painted the outside, and the road we live on has been torn apart to where it was undrivable for awhile.  My brother has bought two new vehicles, which is part of what stuck in my butt and pushed me to go out and get a new truck as well.
    My justification for not going is that I see my folks once a month, they like coming to Austin, we go out to dinner, they get their mall fix.  Not to be rude or ugly, but going to Crystal means we're going to sit at my mom's house until it is time to go.  There are no places to go and check out, unless you count the Walmart in the next city.
    I am hoping to at least see the UT game when we arrive, followed by my nephew's game at 6:30pm.  It might not work to BBQ with the game being that late, but maybe they'll want to rally Sunday and grill something in the afternoon before we head back.  If I can get some BBQ and pan dulce I guess the trip will be ok.
    Going though means we don't see Boy since he comes to Austin on the weekends to work.  We usually have been able to have dinner Saturday and/or Sunday while he is here, that won't happen this weekend.  It's ok, he already planned to have a steak dinner with his friends, he just needs me to pay his portion.  Aren't I lucky?

No comments:

Post a Comment