Sunday, September 13, 2015

9/13/15 Rough Saturday Morning?

    I got up today thinking I wasn't going anywhere, I'm just going to watch the Longhorns make up for last week's embarrassment.  I worked Friday night, actually went in later than normal, so I didn't get out until after 7:00am.  I then had the genius thought of stopping at HEB before going home, getting my BBQ supplies, so there would be no rush in the hot afternoon when I got up.  This would have worked out perfectly if not for this being real life.
    Last night, the upstairs A/C unit was pumping almost warm air, it would not get lower than 79.  I discussed it with Wife, during my lunch break, she was going to be gone all day Saturday, but of course, my miniature genius looked up Fox services and left them an e-mail explaining the A/C situation.  She texted me she did this, but then she went to bed, she then left house before or right at 7:00am.
    I must have come home after 8:00am, she was already calling and explaining Fox might be coming, she would let me know.  I said "great, let me sleep, I'll deal with it later."  Of course she's like a little bulldog, another call and another text and another text.  By the time I get in bed, Fox calls me that they will be at the house in 30 min.  "Awesome!" I think sarcastically, the house is cold downstairs, I want to be comfortable in bed, normally I am asleep by 6:30-7:00am.  It is now after 9:00am, Wife is in bus heaven, learning about busses or driving busses, what ever those crazy kids do for fun on a Saturday afternoon.
    Anyways, I am with the Fox technician guy until past noon.  Upstairs unit was a relatively easy fix, some capacitor thing, shows me the part all swollen and looking bad.  Plus some freon and service call, around $480.  Of course I get "you didn't show him coupon thing I sent you?"  this from Wife when she gets home, kind of disappointed I didn't save us $20.  "No!"  I was paying the guy at noon, maybe I was a little out of it, "sorry, I forgot to show him my list of coupons I keep on my phone."
    The question with the coupon thing was around 5:00pm when her class let out, I was asleep, but theoretically trying to get up, so I coul get stuff ready for BBQ before the game.  I finally get up, shower, and come downstairs, just as Wife walks in the door, after I explain to her about the A/C, and how other unit is going to cost us even more to fix, oh yeah, I'll whine about that later this week.  She of course managed to talk me out of BBQ and instead we spent the afternoon test driving a couple cars.  I will explain that in tomorrow's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment