Thursday, September 3, 2015

9/4/15 Busy September?

    It seems to be quiet, but those duck feet underwater never stop moving (ehh, The Replacements).  Every time I talk to my Dad, he asks about OT.  It feels like it has slowed down, but I did work 72 hours last week.  So, are things slower?  I am not complaining, at least last weekend was nice and quiet.  We almost went to Rockport one last time, we even packed, but then I was offered OT, so I said no.  All week long, I had been telling Wife, I just want to take it easy, then Thursday night she gets all excited about going because her brother called.  When he called, I said sure, it was looking like I was even going to go home early Thursday night, but then the work came in and suddenly OT was offered.  Y'all know, I am a whore when it comes to money.  Rare is the dollar I leave on the table.
    Chubs is in his new room and everyone that sees it, says it looks like an adults room, good enough for them.  His old room is still "under construction".  Today, I took down the last of his posters and transferred them to his room.  The floor has been cleaned of any and all toys, my stuff is slowly taking over.  I started with the black out curtains because I like to control the mood and lighting.  This was followed by mounting TV on wall, adding a stereo, making room for my massage table, of course.  Even if it only serves as an ironing board, 99% of the time.
    We are going to wait on a new vehicle until we refinance our house.  But we are looking and even test driving every now and then.  Wife wants me to get a new truck first, I want her to get her little SUV first, awww, que cute.
    This weekend is Labor Day and our friends who left the state are coming back for a few days.  They called us a while back and invited us to go with them to Schlitterbahn.  We do have tickets, so we said we'd go.  But it is also the first game of the football season for the Longhorns and against Notre Dame, it should be exciting.  I love night games, this one starts at 6:30pm, so we should about be coming back from Schlitterbahn, by then.
    Other than that, things are quiet, Boy is back in his apartment, Chubs signed up to be with the Leadership Group, next week should be his first week helping with the crossing guard duties.  Wife has taken to driving the bus like a champ.  Soon, the Halloween stuff comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment