Thursday, September 30, 2021

9/30/21 Feeling Meh About Oil Change At Kia?

     Once again, Wife has gotten another car to its necessary oil change and because we have the work routines we do, I get the honor of taking care of her car while she's at work.  It's not that bad, I don't mind going to the dealerships so much, I just mind when something that should take an hour or so takes over two hours.  The last few times we have done oil changes on her Telluride, we are supposed to go through the online website and make an appointment, or at least that is what they tell us.  I have now done this the last three times, I believe, and every time just leaves me with a bad taste because I am more than a little sure people are just driving in there totally lost and still getting serviced before me.  Maybe that is just a little paranoia on my part, but I really do expect quicker turn around times while dropping off our cars.  This morning, I had an appointment at 9:00am and I got there probably fifteen minutes early, fine, I guess I should be waiting for 9:00am, if I am going to be a stickler for the rules, but if I can get in a little early that is a win for me.

    Anyways, I had to stand there and listen to this old man drone on and on about his car and he might trade it in in about a year and a half but blah blah blah.... I don't give a shit, tell them what the car needs and move along.  This was annoying because no one else was coming out to take my information, I wasn't sure if I was supposed to go into the office, usually they meet us at our car as we drive up.  Eventually, I got another guy telling me to come into the office, even if I had seen him come out and take the info of the car in front of me at the car with the customer sitting in his car.  I got the keys handed over eventually, but it took a good 20 minutes of me standing around waiting.  I was then told it would be closer to two hours when I asked if it would take about an hour.

    I guess I am bothered by the fact that it's a bunch of new faces, we used to have our service guy, but he left to work elsewhere, then last time I got a very pretty girl helping me, and that was ok.  This time I only saw two dudes and neither was super friendly, so that was part of the problem.  They did have donuts, like 5 dozen in boxes next to the coffee, but it didn't necessarily say it was for us.  For all I know, maybe it was only for the employees, but why would they be sitting next to the coffee maker that the customers use.  I simply got a coffee when I got there, but after waiting for an hour, I figured I had earned a donut and grabbed one with my second cup of coffee.  I try to just drink one cup of coffee a day, but with the one I had at home when I got up, I am already on 3 cups and it is barely noon.

    To my pleasant surprise, the oil change was done in about the two hours the service guy said, so that was good.  To make it even better, the oil change was free, we somehow had a $75 credit on our account, so that covered it.  Like I said, I don't mind going to the dealerships, I do enjoy looking at the new inventory, but with how Wife puts miles on the cars, it seems I am either at Ford or Kia once a month.  By the way, the Kia inventory is super low, they only had one Telluride to show, and it got pulled down from the elevated parking where they keep the nicer cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment