Friday, September 24, 2021

9/24/21 Day After The Vaccine?

     Well, I finally had some sort of run-in with Covid-19, or at least its close cousin, the vaccine.  I didn't want to get it after I got the actual virus back in January, but since Wife and both my boys got it or were getting it, I figured I should fall in line.  I am still pretty sure I would have been safe, but we live in a world of numb skull leaders and at work, for example, people that have been vaccinated were allowed to walk around mask-less, before the current spike, but people like me, that some studies are showing are just as protected, were not.  My son got a similar "threat" at school, if another player tested positive on the football team, he would have to self isolate for 10 days.  This is what made him say "screw it", give me the vaccine.

    We both got it on Wednesday night, and it seemed fine, even Thursday morning, I felt like maybe a tiny baby fist punched me right where I got the shot.  Stupid nurse, did it right in the middle of my one small Longhorn tattoo, I mean what if it had gotten a bad reaction and got infected or something.  She could have gone above or below it.  Come on, Man (as our great president likes to say).  Baby A went to school saying his arm was also sore at the site of injection.  I just joked for him to "Man up."  and dropped him off at school.

    Slowly, throughout the day, I felt myself getting sicker though.  By noon, I was really wanting to nap, but I was expecting some furniture to get delivered, so I didn't want to totally fall asleep.  By 1:00pm Baby A called that he wasn't feeling good, his whole body felt sore and if I could pick him up after school.  I didn't want to because I felt like crap myself, but I waited for him and went and got him at 4:30pm.  We got home and we both laid down in the living room, he just threw himself on the floor and we both slept until Wife showed up around 6:45pm, with fried chicken for dinner.

   I have to say, the hour nap or whatever it was made a world of difference.  I measured a slight fever, my temp was 98.8 before the nap and I felt warm, but when I woke up, it felt like it went away and the soreness in my arm was gone as well.  Mijo says he still doesn't feel good, so he stayed home today.  He is going to miss the football game tonight, but he wasn't going to play because of his shoulder anyway, and I think he really needs to decompress from being in that environment every day, these poor football players get no breaks.

    At this point, (almost noon, on Friday) I don't feel sick, no fever or body aches, but I still have a heavy feeling in my shoulders, which I think is something I always feel.  I wouldn't say I am sick anymore, but I am glad I don't have any pressing things to do, because I would really rather just be home doing nothing right now.  Hopefully, it'll all pass by Monday, but this weekend we are just going to take it easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment