Monday, September 6, 2021

9/6/21 First Game For Longhorns?

     I used to write about the Longhorns with as much interest as I have for our beloved Coogs, but nowadays, I can't even tell you who the starting quarterback is.  I tried getting into the game yesterday, and I did watch the first quarter until I got bored.  I don't know if I will get excited about the Longhorns until they do something to get their fan base excited, and that starts with them winning some important games.

    Originally, we were going to go to my in-laws to celebrate our nephew being done with his schooling and being fully certified as a welder, but then my parents said they were coming to see Baby A playing football on Friday.  Since that did not happen for a variety of reasons, we had the weekend open up and free to do whatever.  We then talked about going to Houston to the Galleria Mall because they have so many boutique watch stores but Baby A's practice had us trapped in Austin until almost 1:00pm.  So I suggested to Wife that maybe we should go to her folk's house, it would be a quick drive, we could get there before the game started, they would already have BBQ ready and we could just mooch off the free food and I could watch the Longhorns and if I felt like it, nap, without having to do the work of grilling.

    We arrived right before 3:00pm, and I got to eating right away.  My younger brother in law loves grilling, I don't think we have gone over there when he isn't grilling something, and he pretty much met me in the kitchen with some ribs he had been smoking.  I tore into those, then some fajitas, donuts, cake, and my mother in law had even made homemade tortillas, that just makes for a perfect afternoon.

    Wife went off telling her stories, and I sat in the other room trying to focus on the game, but it is hard when all the names are new to me, and even Baby A was distracted with his cousins, so after a while I told Boy "Want to go to the Cantera Mall to the Omega Boutique and maybe the Rolex store?"  He was standing and ready to go before I finished the sentence.  I had to check if they were even open as many stores are closing super early nowadays.  The two of us left the party and went over to the mall, which is only about 15 minutes away.  That mall is equivalent to the Galleria Mall in high end brand stores, but it is an open mall, so it makes it a little uncomfortable walking in and out of the heat of the day.

    Rolex was another disappointment as we saw one ladies watch in the display cases and that was it.  The store is connected to L Majors and I can't say we were impressed with their service.  We walked around slowly and got one hello from a sales person but he literally bounced his attention from us to another person and then it was like we were invisible.  That was fine because we looked at their Cartiers, Panerais, and even Tag Heuers and none of them really called Mijo's attention.  Now Omega, that was a different story, but that should probably be a story for another day.

    Oh yeah, this was about the Longhorns game.  I guess they won, looking online, it was 38-18, so that is good.  The offense moved the ball well, with no fumbles or interceptions, so the quarterback situation and apparently the running back position is in good capable hands right now.  I hope they can bring the spark back, it has been a long time since the Longhorns played up to their potential.  Not being critical of the players themselves, but this is the state of Texas where football rules.  We should have the best players and produce the best teams on a consistent basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment