Friday, October 1, 2021

10/1/21 One Problem After Another?

     I am not complaining, but man, when do I get some free time?  I didn't have anything planned this week, after the busy mess of last week with Covid-19 shots and all the other stuff that keeps us busy, but again, this week passed by in a flash and I barely had time to sit down, it seemed.  This morning I overslept because I thought I was on the weekend last night and styed up a little late looking at some pizza stones to cook pizzas on my pellet grill, I did order one, it should be here tomorrow, I ordered it after midnight or it might have arrived today.  Anyways, Wife called me at 6:45am and woke me.  I thought she was just being the usual pain in the ass that she is and was making sure I woke Baby A, but she told me that the car was giving her a low tire warning.  This got me quite concerned because by then she was too far for me to go and do anything about it, she was almost an hour away.  It was still before 7:00am and the best I could tell her was that Discount Tire opens at 8:00am.  I stayed by the phone and she called to say that the first Discount Tire she passed after the warning came on was in Selma, which is right outside San Antonio but because of low staff count, they wouldn't open until 10:00am.  She looked at the tires and kept on going, none of them were visibly flat.  She finally made it to Military Drive, by her work, where she gets off I-35 and that Discount Tire was fixing to open.  Turns out she just had low tires all around, maybe from the change in weather, but what a pain in the ass thing to be concerned about.

    I then had to go to Target and get granola bar snacks because we signed up to bring them for the team tonight.  I was at Target and really forgot I also had Fox coming back to look at our downstairs A/C unit this time.  I got home with the snacks and some for us and put everything away.  It all worked out good, the guy called while I was loading the washer that he was headed this way.  I have now had this guy over so many times, I am thinking about just giving him the door code, it would be easier, maybe let him have one of the guest rooms since he is here so much.  He worked on the unit for about an hour and determined that the float switches that are supposed to tell the unit to shut off when there is backed up water in the lines were wired incorrectly.  He rewired and tested the system and I think it is now good.  The last repair, actually adding of an extra component (a sensor that reads the temperature inside the unit because the tool also has a dehumidifier component separate from the air condition part) seems to have fixed the unit upstairs that kept freezing.

    All in all, I guess it's good that I am around during the day to deal with all this crap, but man, if it's not one thing it is always another.  I still have to wait around until 3:00pm to take the snacks to the school, but I guess I can nap around that.

No comments:

Post a Comment