Thursday, September 23, 2021

9/23/21 Second Pfizer Vaccine Shot?

     I hated doing it, but I lined up and got my 2nd Covid-19 shot last night.  My conspiracist brother asked me why I would do it, we have talked about it to exhaustion and I was in agreement with him that I wouldn't need it since I had the virus already in me and it didn't present any real health concerns, that I could tell.  As I have said many times, the only symptoms I got were a loss of smell and taste, of which I don't think I have recovered 100%, I would say my smell capability is around 70-80%, some things just don't smell right to me, sometimes.  My decision to get the vaccine was solely tied to Baby A, he had not gotten any vaccine and we both held out as long as we could, but when he decided he would get it, I decided what was the point of me holding out?  The worst fear that has been said about the vaccines is that they are ticking time bombs and in 1-3 years, people will start dying, en-masse.  If this were to happen and Wife and both my boys have been vaccinated, what would be the point of sticking around, I am not sure I could continue.  I know it's a bit dramatic, but as I told my brother, once my people had all jumped over the cliff, I might as well join them.  My parents and other siblings have all been vaccinated as well, so we are all mostly on the bandwagon, and we have all had our bouts with the virus.  I do wish fucking Fauci would be more open about how protected those that have had the virus already are.  I feel that since my body had already experienced the virus and fought it off well enough, I would be safe from a second viral attack, but nobody wants to discuss that publicly.  Even my coworkers mutter "maybe you didn't really have Covid since my symptoms were so mild."

    Anyways, they are also trying to make it harder to function without being vaccinated, and I don't have time to dance around with bullshit.  At work, for example, we had gotten to the point of being allowed to go around mask-less before the latest spike, if you were vaccinated.  Somebody ratted me out and management talked to me about wearing a mask, I hadn't worn a mask in the lab, except to walk into my building, except for maybe the first month or two when all this started.  Baby A was warned that without being vaccinated, every time some other member presented with a positive Covid result, he would need to stay home for ten days, and that just seems like a huge waste of time, if he tests negative.  It only took him missing two weeks of practice during the summer for him to decide he was not doing that again, because some other kid tested positive.

    The process was simple enough, there was an offer of the vaccines on campus, so after my son's football practice last night, we picked him up before 7:00pm, and went and lines up.  It took maybe 5-10 minutes to fill out the same paperwork about 4 times, that process is stupid, but then they jabbed us and we were done.  As of right now (6:30am), my only symptom is that I feel like I was punched in the arm where I got the shot, which I think is supposed to be normal, even if I didn't even feel that much last time, on the first round of the shot.  Wife even asked and they gave her a second boosted of the Moderna vaccine, which I thought was a bit much and I'm not sure it is necessary, but she volunteered for it.  She is also talking about lining up for the flu shot next month.  I think she likes shots, and fuck all that, I am not doing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment